fifteen

fifteen~~~~~~

fifteen
~~~~~~

Elijah stared at his adoptive sibling with a stoic expression, completely painting over the worry and a slight tinge of fear he was truly feeling inside. Maybe he should've thought this through a little further before he just started offering off his immortal body to unknown sources of magic. "How are you feeling?"

"Confident?"

"Was that a question?"

Hesitation. That wasn't very confident, but in her defense Juliette hadn't allowed herself to succumb to the taunting powers she abhorred. "Relax." Simultaneously taking her advice, inhaling deeply and exhaling, she welcomed the tingling that ebbed just under her skin. Eyes closed and steady breathing, she gently allowed the feeling to take over more and more. It was almost erotic, the warmth that overtook her—it made her feel powerful.

Elijah couldn't believe his eyes, the seemingly innocent little body of his sister was producing a bright red energy. Her whole body glowed as if her aura was shown on display to the world, her hands gently raised in the air, fingers shifting as if to caress the red tendrils before her.

Her eyes opened abruptly their blue green illuminated by vermilion. Locking on Elijah, finger still twitching, her energy traveled over to him, taking him over and herby ruling her the owner of his body.

"Juliette, I can't move."

His distress was evident and if she didn't fear it would ruin whatever concentration she'd had, she would've spoken to reassure him. After a few moments of getting used to being in control of another's body, she realized when she contorted her fingers a certain way, she could move different parts of his body. Raising her arms a little higher put Elijah higher in the air, lowering her arms lowered him. Letting go of the breath she didn't realize she was holding, she let him go and the energy returned to her body, Elijah's control over his body returning as well. "Did I hurt you?"

"Not so much pain but it's definitely not comfortable, I had no control over my body." Not hiding the obvious bewilderment of the powers he hadn't known his sister held, his interest was turned into bite fascination. "I wonder if you could catch me running at vampire speed."

Still determined to keep pushing, Juliette enthusiastically retorted, "Run for your life brother, there's a new monster in town."

Amused with her antics, Elijah charged at her without warning, her body activating like a warrior ready to shield her to the death. Her sights honed in on his energy rather than a clear form, she captured him in her red grasp. Holding him there in the air like a prize was amusing, she could do this forever and she didn't even feel tired. Using her powers felt as easy as breathing, extending pieces of her energy out to bend other matter to her will. "I feel so powerful."

"Careful," Elijah said once she'd let him go. "–you almost sound like Niklaus."

"I didn't say I was going to put a dagger in your heart, I sound nothing like Nik." Surged with delight and excitement, Juliette wanted to go back home and practice for hours. Seeing exactly how far she could take it without having to worry about prying eyes. "Elijah?"

"Hm?" Adjusting his blazer and straightening the silk button up shirt he wore beneath, Elijah hummed.

Walked towards the door, clearly finished for the night, she peered up at him. "Do you think that we should keep this a secret? Maybe you have a point, bringing up our brother. What if I show him this and he thinks of using me in a ploy in his never ending need for power?"

"I will tell no one of this until you are ready. I understand you concerns and I agree that your gift is far too intelligent to be taken over by unintelligent intentions." A few steps closer to the car and Elijah spared her a mischievous glance, a small smile growing on his pristine features. "Are you hungry?"

"I could always eat."

Both seeing the set of headlights approaching the otherwise bare road, the siblings seemed to have thought the same thing. Juliette ran down the road, feigning hysterics until the car stopped before her. "Are you okay?"

Still in character, she kept looking behind her for Elijah to chase after, cause more commotion and lure them from the car, but he was nowhere to be found and she was forced to improv. "You're the first car I've seen for hours, please help me jump my car!"

The red-haired female looked over to her black haired passenger, both seeming to be okay with helping a stranger. Going to the trunk and grabbing some cables, Juliette finally wiped her fake tears. "You guys are so sweet I almost feel bad."

"What do you me–"

"—Don't talk, don't be afraid. Just stand still and this should all be over quickly."

"Now you show up."

"Felt good not having to do all of the work for once, sue me. Eat up, sister."

Without another word, both vampires got their fill, neither making a killing that night. "You let yours live?"

"Felt generous besides I'm pretty sure she was tripping off something, she tasted crazy."

Giggles erupted from Juliette, so completely amused by her brother she was completely oblivious of all of the bullshit that was taking place in the little town around her. No, in this moment she was carefree. "How does crazy taste?"

"Like pop rocks," Obnoxiously and sometime still elegantly, Elijah comically smacked his lips to recall the taste of his dinner. "—and maybe even a hint of McDonalds sprite."

"This is why you're my favorite."