Chapter One

-Millie POV:

It was raining. I loved the rain. Wishing I could go outside and feel the cold droplets bounce off my skin. But unfortunately I'm stuck inside keeping up on my piano lessons as I stare out the window.

"Millie! Pay attention!" My mother snapped me out of my thoughts. "Now, start over. when you're finished you have an archery lesson to get to." I hated archery.

"I'm hardly any good at it mum, why do you insist on me learning it." I said annoyed.

"The capacity to learn is a gift dear, the ability-"

"- to know is a skill, yes I already know you've been saying it ever since I could walk." I cut her off giving her a sarcastic smile.

She thought for a second. "Well alright, I guess it wouldn't hurt if you skipped out on archery" She rolled her eyes and started to walk out of the room "but don't think for one second that you're skipping out on horse riding!" She gave me a cheeky smile. "6 AM SHARP! DON'T BE LATE!" She yelled while walking down the large corridor.

"Ugh but it's going to be all muddy!" I yelled back but she acted as she didn't hear me. I huffed as I got up and headed to my room.

School starts in a week and I'm very exited. As much as I love my parents it's very lonely in this ginormous manor. Even though it was a beautiful cottage mansion with vines growing up the sides and a huge rose garden further out. I'm an only child, with no other neighbors around us. Father is usually away at work until my bed time, which meant I didn't really hang out with him much. Mother stays home, and as much fun it is to go horseback riding with her, or fencing, or Jiu jujitsu training , or taking piano lessons, or... well you get the point. You just need to talk to some people your age is what I'm getting at.

I finished going up the straight stairs that curved away from each other in the middle, creating 2 different corridors. I turn left and reach my bed room. It was pretty dark usually. I plopped down on my bed that had sage green begging. I had a black old vintage desk that was my grandmothers when she was a child, so it's in pretty rough condition. As a black lamp curved over onto it with a window view of the ocean that was splashing harsh waves tonight. I had a book wall since all I ever do is read and plants everywhere.

I have 2 ferrets; Oswald (Ossy) and dale. Before you hate on the names I would like to warn you that I might be a little weird. I mean I did grow up to with no other children around. I persuaded my way into letting them come to Hogwarts with me. If Ron can bring his stupid rat then I surely am going to bring my precious little rodents too.

I'm a Slytherin, people are usually surprised that I am not in Ravenclaw but you need to be quite cunning and ambitious to have the will to learn all the things my mom has made me. Also I can be kinda rude sometimes not gonna lie. The sorting hat said I was one of the hardest to decide and that thing is as old as rhyme, so that says a lot. But I'm glad it chose Slytherin, that's where I wanted to be.

-

This was a pretty short chapter but I wanted to introduce who she is, what her background is like, etc. Hope you liked it and keep reading!