{Chapter 17}

{Your POV}

"So are you sure y-you want to do this?" I ask. L nodded "We're simply doing a sneak attack. We have all the evidence pointing towards Misa Amane." L didn't look away from his book. Man, who knew Misa-Misa would be a suspect..

"Ah! Hey, Light!" He smiled. I look up, Light. He was with another girl..perhaps a girlfriend?
"How's it going"

Well his mood changed. I snort "Pft. T-That was a s-sudden change.."I mutter

"Kiyomi, could we continue this later? I need a moment alone with them." He looked over to the girl. Kiyomi...I'll make sure to remember her. "Uh. Okay."

Light started walking over. "I hope she's not upset." L spoke, with a slight tease in his voice. "Never mind that. Is it okay to be here? Didn't you say you were afraid to appear in public?" Light asked.

"Yeah, I did. But then I realized that as long as you're not Kira, I should be safe. The fact is, Kohana and you are the only ones on the outside who know me as L."

"In the unlikely event that I die in the next few days, I've instructed your father and everyone at headquarters, to assume that you are Kira" He spoke.

"I know Kohana will for sure take over this case." Wait, what? What does he mean by that!

"Besides, you told me yourself that you missed having me around at school. So I figured, why not come back for a little change of pace? As long as it doesn't kill me, collage is a lot of fun."

"Well it almost k-killed me..."I mutter. All the tests, anxiety attacks and pressure. But thankfully I graduated early

"That's right Kohana. You graduated early, I do have some respect for you because of that" Light smiled. "oh you h-heard that?" I pull over my hood

"I have to admit, without you around, intelligent conversation is hard to come by." Light confessed. L chuckled "I see. Luckily, Kiyomi's there to fill the void"

"Well, something like that"

"Hey, do you want to have some cake Kohana? Light you could join." L stood up. I tap his shoulder "Here, hop on..."

He motioned to his back. Does he want to give a piggy back ride? The heck-

He nodded and I grabbed on. Light given us another suspicious look. Look man, I'm tired and don't want to walk.

"Sure. I have a break now anyway."
"That's perfect. I'm kinda craving shortcake right now" L chuckled. I smile, He sure is cute when he talks about cake...

"Well, let's hope they have it."

"Light! There you are!" A rather high pitched voice cheered
"I had a photo-shoot nearby, so I thought I'd come by to see you."

L turns around and I do too.

A blonde girl who looked like a model came by. Ah, So this is Misa...I for one haven't been really into the beauty party of the internet

I have heard of the famous Misa-Misa, I just haven't really looked into what she was about. "Oh, These must be friends of yours. You both look so different. Unique."