𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐑𝐁

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Music filled every inch of the Milano to fill the silence as Peter flew his prized ship towards Morag with Primrose sitting by his side. The younger Quill sibling sat upside down in the co-pilot's chair with her nose in a book, something the elder of the two never understood. The girl tapped her feet along with the song she'd heard so many times that she got bored trying to keep count. The two would talk about random topics here and there but the Terrans preferred to keep their mouths shut. They found comfort in Peter's music and Primrose's toe-tapping filling the silence as they flew through space. It made their little adventures a lot more enjoyable, especially since their voyages were the only time Primrose didn't feel Yondu breathing down her neck.

When the pair finally arrived at their destination, Peter grabbed everything he needed before leaving to get the item they were sent to find. Just like every other time they've flown together, Primrose stayed back on the Milano to start the engine in case things went south, which happened a lot more than one would expect. The brown-eyed girl happily sat in the cockpit with The Outsiders in her hand while her foot continued to tap against the headrest to cut through the silence. Even though she wasn't as invested in music as her older brother, she wouldn't have minded a little background sound to fill the stillness of their space vehicle. Ever since she was a kid back on Earth, a room without noise made her feel antsy and uncomfortable.

Just as she turned to the last chapter of the book that she'd read about fifty times, the familiar sound of ships breaking through the atmosphere cut through the air. The woman's entire body froze while confusion filled her veins as Primrose placed her bookmark between the pages of her story before slamming it shut. As she placed the object on the chair next to her, she looked out the window above her to see two vessels flying through the sky and in the direction where Peter disappeared. A small wave of panic washed over the Quill woman while she kept her brown eyes glued to the alien spacecrafts until they vanished behind a large boulder in the distance.

"Hey, Pete. You got company headed your way. You need to get back here before I take off without you," Primrose said into the communicator tucked in her ear as she slid off her chair and made her way further into the Milano after seeing five aliens with blasters head towards their ship. Irritation replaced the concern that was flowing through her when her brother didn't respond right away before a long sigh passed over her lips. "And now they're guarding the Milano. Can you even hear me? Or did you turn off your comm again?"