Still Very Hurt

Elena woke up and rubbed her eyes.

"What the hell happened last night?"
She had a massive headache and felt like shit. It took her a second to remember and in less than a minute she was in tears.
She was in so much pain that she didn't even have the motivation to get out of her own bed.
"This fucking sucks!!" She blurted out in anger.

She thought about what she said for a second and immediately regretted it.

"Let's hope nobody was out there to hear that" She said to herself. Or at least she thought she did.

Katherine walked around the corner and into her room.
    "Language, Miss Gilbert." she said jokingly

   "Katherine? What are you?-" Elena said in confusion.

"Okay so long story short, you and Damon broke up. I heard it all. You got in your car to leave and about crashed so I drove you home. You asked me to stay with you so out of generosity, i surprisingly did." Katherine said.

It took Elena a little bit to process that she actually just spent the night with Katherine. Katherine Pierce  she thought. Why on Earth would I spent the night with her out of everyone?

  "Ouch." Katherine said quietly "Am I that bad?"

Elena looked up at her, still in bed.

  "Stay out of my thoughts!" She blurted out

Katherine put up her arms up as if she were surrendering.

    "And well... No. You're actually not the worst. I'm saying this with complete honesty too." Elena said.

    Katherine froze for a second in shock. She was surprised Elena actually thought of her like that. But after all she just did this as a friendly gesture. It didn't meant anything she just felt bad for some reason.

     "Thanks I guess.." Katherine replied

Elena smiled at her. She was surprised she was even capable to smile. For some reason being around Katherine made her feel somewhat better. She thought she hated Katherine but honestly she isn't as bad as she was made out to be.

1 Week Later

Dear diary, I can't believe it's been a week since me and Damon broke up. I'm still really hurt and I don't think I'm ever going to get over him. I just can't believe we actually ended things. It hurts to let him go but deep down we both know it was for the best. We argued too much and over the dumbest things. Deep down we both know we are better off not together. It's just going to take some time for me to get a grasp of that. Anyways. Moving on to the Katherine situation. Katherine and I are actually surprisingly good friends now. We've been talking this past week. She's truly a good person, Damon and Stefan just gave me their perspective. Katherine has actually helped me so much with this whole Damon and I situation. She's talked to me about it and it's honestly helped me a lot. Oh and to mention school, there's a trip coming up. I can't believe I forgot about this. It's the day after tomorrow. We're going out to a humongous cabin. Or at least that's what I heard. Obviously it isn't as big as the boarding house but it's still very big. They said they think we deserve this trip because it's our last year of high school, or whatever that means. Supposedly they sort you into cabins with other people. The only people I hope I'm with is Katherine, Bon, and Care. They're the only people I can handle right now. Crap it's almost time for school. I guess that's a wrap for this mornings entry.

She shut her diary, got up, and slid it under her mattress. That's the only place she felt safe keeping it. She took a quick look in her mirror, fixed her hair, and headed downstairs.

A few minutes in, as she was walking down the sidewalk she felt like someone was there with her. It took her a second but she didn't even have to look.

"Hey Katherine" Elena said smiling

Katherine had a surprised but intimidating look on her face.

"Hello Elena." She said walking up beside her. "How are you feeling about this school trip thing?"

Elena thought about it for a second.
"I'm not sure." She said questionably. "I mean it doesn't sound horrible. Only if I'm with you, Bonnie, and Caroline it actually sounds pretty fun.

Soon enough they were walking into the school parking lot. Everyone looking at Elena and Katherine. They didn't even acknowledge it because it's been happening all week ever since they became friends. Everyone was still shocked to see Katherine freaking Pierce with little Elena Gilbert. They always saw them hating each other not them being friends.

Katherine and Elena just shrugged off the stares and walked into the school.

"Can't wait to see what school has in store for me today" Elena said while smiling sarcastically.