𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

𝙿𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 10/1/2021

First Person POV

I looked around to see where the hell Sasha was. There were Shadow Knights fighting each other and battling over goods they stole so it was hard to spot her.
Eventually I managed to get to a quiet part of the nether without too many interruptions. Leaning against a wall was Sasha and Zenix. Sasha waved at me to come over. Once I got there I already wished I hadn't. Zenix just wouldn't stop blabbering on and on about the high priest Zane. I ignored him and turned to Sasha.
"What did you want?" I asked. She sighed and handed me a small bag.
"The 'Grand Master' asked for these to be delivered to him but im not particularly fond of going near him"
I raised an eyebrow.

"So you want me to do it for you." I said rolling my eyes. I wasn't really asking since I knew it wasn't a question. "Exactly. You know your my favourite"She pushed me jokingly.
I glanced at Zenix then looked back at her. "Yeah, it's not that hard".
Zenix finally shut up and glared at me. "HEY!!What's that supposed to mean?"

I said nothing and walked away with the small bag in my hand. I could hear Zenix angrily grumbling behind me. I could care less. I have no time or patience for that childish crap.

I walked into my masters lair and knocked on the door.

" Y/n. This is unexpected visit. What do you want."

"I was told to deliver this to you master"I replied in a monotone voice.

"Leave it there and get out! I've already had to see what that fool of a high priest did and my patience has worn thin"

"Yes master"

I dropped the bag and walked away. My Irene the dislike I have for him is huge. I can see why Sasha always gets me to go talk to him instead of her. Mind you the only reason he probably hasn't killed me yet is because I never bring bad news.

And I NEVER fail my missions.

Hours Later

I'm currently leaning against a cell in the dungeon while speaking to the shadow knight on patrol there. I had some jobs to do and one of them was checking the status of the prisoners.

Screams of pain could be heard from floors below.

I heard some shadow knights messed up their stealth mission. Guess I know where they are now.

"So Y/N when's your next kill list mission gonna be eh?" Ferl asked me. I glanced at him for a second before continuing to sharpen my blade.
"It's none of your concern."
He raised his hands up and smirked. "Chill out I was just asking. No need to be so hostile all the time"

I didn't reply to him. Instead I looked up and over to the dungeons main door opening.
A shadow knight was entering while dragging a small girl in his grasp. She appeared to be unconscious with bruises and cuts all over her. From the looks of it she looked around 6 years old.

The shadow knight took a key off the wall and opened one of the closest cell doors. He threw her in and locked the door again. As he was walking away I called him over.
I tilted my head towards the cell and asked him what was she doing here.
"That's just some Lords Daughter. We burned her village to the ground last night" He grinned.

Not an ounce of remorse or pity in his eyes.

"That doesn't explain why you brought her here. How is a child useful to us?" I asked impatiently. He shrugged his shoulders and muttered something about how the master had ordered him to bring her back.
I stared at the cell for a few seconds then looked back at him.
"Alright your excused." He turned and walked out.
Shortly after, I followed.
For some strange reason that image of that girl wouldn't leave my mind all day.

That Night

*tap tap tap*

That was the sound of my boots against the dungeon floor. I was checking on the prisoners again like I had been asked to. I skipped past the other shadow knights left to rot in their cells. I walked straight to the little girl. I stood outside her cell examining her.
By the looks of it she was still unconscious. It's not hard to imagine what happened to her in that village last night.

Shadow Knights are ruthless creatures. Bred to kill. Killing their previous lord for immortality and power. Well most Shadow Knights anyways.

I looked around to see if anyone was on patrol. Turns out no one else was there but her and the prisoners.
I turned back to the cell and took the key off the wall beside it. I pushed the key into the lock and twisted it. I pushed the door open slowly. This would probably get me in some trouble. Oh well, I'd just blame it on someone else.

I slowly walked over to her. Her body was stiff but you could see she was still alive from the way her chest moved every minute. I bent down and pushed the hair away from her face so I could get a better look at her.

She had a couple of scratches across her cheek and dried blood under her nose. Beneath all of that you could see she was still fragile. As any normal six year old would be. I reached into the satchel I had brought with me and pulled out an apple and a half loaf of bread. As carefully as I could I hid them near her so the guards wouldn't see. I fixed the position she was lying in so her neck would be all cramped when she woke up.

Without a sound I stood up and walked out of the cell. I locked it then put the key back in it's original spot. Then I walked out of the dungeon.

But I knew that next time I returned.
I wouldn't walk out that door alone.
Nore would I be returning.

𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝙿𝚂𝙰!

𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝙰𝚙𝚑𝚖𝚊𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝙸 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝. 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 7 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚝. 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚝, 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚎 𝚢/𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚐𝚎.
𝙻𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛𝚜.
𝙰𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔.

𖧷 ✩✵𖣔✵✩𖧷