𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 3

You had seen that look before.

The emptiness behind those eyes, the feeling of wanting more.
And forgetting everything else to get what you want.

With your hand on the shadow knights throat and sword at her face you yelled at Astraea.
"GO HIDE SOMEWHERE ASTRAEA!"
In the split second of you being distracted  the shadow knight used her strength to push you off her and into some nearby tree.
After colliding into a particularly sharp branch your armour had gotten the worst of it but it still wasn't enough.
A huge crack had appeared and blood was now seeping through your bodysuit at your waist. A small groan escaped your mouth as you raised your head to see the shadow knight sprinting at you. Clutching your waist we your left hand you reached out to grab your sword. Just as they were about to bring their sword down on your head you raised your sword to block. Still crouching on your knees you swung out your foot and kicked the legs out from under her.

Took a lot not to curse outlook though. Some self-restraint since there was still a child around.

Even when in a near death experience you still have to act as a good role model.

Standing up you looked down to where the shadow knight lay. They were still.
Too still.

Warily you stepped away from them and walked toward where Astraea was. She wasn't a very good hider. The second your head turned to face Astraea you heard a branch snap. Whirling around you lifting your sword to shield you just in time.

"Did they think I was a fool or something?!"

You were getting tired.

Wait tired??
You had fought many a enemy before and tired was the last thing you ever were.
Sweating, you swung your sword and disarmed them.
The look of anger on their face was very satisfying.

You had expected them to run, beg for their life even. But jumping at you when they had no weapon was a small bit unexpected.
Doesn't matter.
You always have to be prepared for anything or else you'd never survive in this world. They managed to knock you backwards before you sent them crashing into a tree trunk. When there was no movement you went over to investigate and to no surprise you had thrown them a bit too hard, resulting in them to be knocked unconscious. Satisfied, you looked around to see the damage in the clearing.

Yeah some dirt had been unearthed, a couple of trees broke in half and sure some rocks had gone flying.

Just a 'small' bit of damage.

You walked over to Astraea once again. "Hey Astraea. It's safe now"
She peered out from the bush and you leaned forward and held out your hand. She passed the dagger back yo you and you slipped it into a small bag wrapped around your now bleeding very badly waist.

Looking down you started examining your wound when taking off the armour.
It's not like you'd be wearing it again when it's damaged like that. So once again you were left in the black bodysuit.
A huge slash mark and wound had appeared to the left side of your waist. You turned away from Astraea so she wouldn't have to see.
But suddenly the ground beneath you began to spin just as you heard a muffled voice from behind you.

It didn't sound like Astraea at all so you turned to see who it was but darkness suddenly engulfed your vision and you could no longer control your body.

Strange

Why did it feel like you were falling?

Your Pov

As I fell to the ground I realised I must have collapsed from blood loss. But if that was the case then.
Why didn't I hit the ground.