Chapter 4

You groaned and tried to open your eyes, not yet fully conscious. Your head felt muffled and your eyes heavy. As you attempted to wake up you recalled the events that had occurred before you passed out.

At last you managed to open your eyes and squinted at the brightness of the room you were in. It definitely wasn't a cell in the shadow realm so that was something to be relieved about. On the other hand you had no idea where you were now. You tried to push yourself up but proceed to fall back onto the bed and hissed in pain.

"Hey, you're awake!?" Someone stammered from the corner of the room. You snapped your head up to look at them, startled. In the midst of you coming to, you had failed to realise the other being dozing off in the room. It was a scruffy looking man with brown hair with green eyes and clothes to match.

Before you could say anything to him he jumped up, almost knocking over the chair. "Ah-You um wait here I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere alright!" He stammered rushing to the door.

After he left you immediately tried to get back up again. After a minute you were sitting on the edge of the bed clutching your side, breathing heavily. Whatever that shadow knight had hit you with must have been some new enchantment or something because usually you would have been healed by now.

"Fuck this anyway" You thought as you looked around for a quicker exit. You were in no shape to jump out a window and you were definitely on a second floor.

Footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs and you tried one last attempt at pushing yourself off the bed but it resulted in you slipping to the ground with your back leaning against the bed.

The door opened and 4 people walked in, surprised at your new seating arrangement . You didn't move and inch and watched everyone of them like a hawk.

There was a short girl with raven black hair looking concerned but a tall guard wearing a helm had their hand in front of her as if to stop her from getting too close to you. They probably thought you would attack anyone who came within range.

Which was absolutely true but did they have to be so obvious about it.

The scruffy man who had ran out earlier was back again and last but not least there was a ginger haired woman with red eyes who was holding a satchel with what seemed to be medical herbs and potions.

She was approached you and was the first to speak.

" Do you need help standing up-"

You shook your head and grabbed the edge of the bed hauling yourself up to sit on the beg again with the last bit of strength you had left. You inhaled sharply as you felt a stinging sensation run through your torso.

You raised your head to look at these strangers again and they seemed to be giving each other a questioning look. Everyone but the ginger haired woman.

" Listen , my names Lucinda and I'm a witch as you probably figured out already" She paused and looked at you to see if you wanted to interrupt her. You didn't say anything so she took that as a good thing.

" I'm just here to help alright. I have the necessary equipment here but I needed to wait until you were conscious to use them. What I'm asking you is can I help you WITHOUT you trying to slit my throat?" She continued in a calm voice.

The raven haired woman spoke up, shocked at Lucinda's bold last sentence. "Lucinda! You can't-"

You held your hand up to stop her from speaking and she did. You could understand where she was coming from. You may be a vicious shadow knight with a bad reputation and usually worse intentions, but you weren't completely unreasonable nor stupid.