( CHAPTER TWO )

_________________________________

REMEMBER ME?

T W O.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Y/N!" Iris, your best friend and co-worker, greeted you in an embrace the next day at work in the break room when you and Kageyama had started your shift with her in the morning.

"Aw, thanks Iris!" You returned a smile, her hug feeling so warm. Your other co-workers had greeted you a happy birthday and you gratefully thanked them as well.

"I have your gift for you, but it's for later on." After pulling away from the hug, her bright eyes glimmered with joy for you.

Meanwhile, Kageyama who silently put aside his things aside, sneered in his mind but furrowed his brows from the girl's spoiling of your birthday party later that evening, hoping the rest of the things she said next didn't ruin what he planned.

Except she went on.

"Kageyama also wanted to plan–"

"Myoga." His eyes widened at her slightly as a sign of a warning, resulting in her nervously laughing.

"Oops. Well, I have to get off early to get rid of these." She gritted her teeth, displaying the series of wires that straightened her teeth for four years.

"Oh, alright. I'll see you later on then."

"Byeee, guys!" Iris gathered her bags in hand. Her voice squeaked as she spoke, before leaving the break room and the main building.

"Well– she likes to run her mouth." You heard him mutter, resulting in you trying to hold back a smile your hair blocked your peripheral vision while doing so.

Your held back grin made him do the same and perked his attention, but he faced the other way to not show his lightly flushed cheeks.

"So, what do you have planned?" You lightheartedly joked, leaning on his shoulder, your hand resting on his back.