( CHAPTER ONE )

________________________________

HONEY LEMON.

O N E .

IT WAS A GENTLE WINTER DAY. It was the afternoon. The microscopic flakes of snow fell like a lullaby, no breeze, no nothing. The winter's were beautiful here, not like the one's in the north where blizzards even formed, coating the ground in snow of inches deep.

In front of you, the ground had speckles of snow so light it would most likely not build up and would stay like that for the longest time. Soon this snow would be gone and the season of Spring would come.

You listened to the sound of the bus engine drift and drown away in the other sounds of the outside, but Kageyama's hacking cough interrupted your train of thoughts once again.

"You should've stayed home, if you're gonna keep coughing like that." Your hand shuffled around in the pocket of your moderately thin windbreaker, taking hold of the a couple of your cough drop candies. "Here."

"Thanks." He murmured while clearing his throat. He began unwrapping one of them and tugged his mask down for a brief second to pop it into his mouth. "It got better than yesterday." He said after his short pause with a shrug.

"Stay over at the house. I told Miu to make some soup." Side by side, the two of you strolled the sidewalk, from the bus stop until your house. You and Kageyama had just come back from your shift at the small clothing store not as far from your house and on your way home to quiet a house where your sisters waited. Your fingers delicately pinched at the plastic bags that you held, full of groceries. Another one in Kageyama's grasp.

"I might get you all infected." He tugged at the edge of his face mask to properly fit his face, then pinched it at the bridge of his nose. You only noticed the distance he kept alongside of you at this moment.

"Pshh, it's just a cough. The honey drink. I'll make you some." You reassured him with a light shove, taking the right turn to the house.

"Miu, Emi. Come to the kitchen." You and Kageyama enter the kitchen that smelt warm of soup that was still in the process of simmering under the low heat, steam flowing thinly from the covered pot. Using a clean spoon, you tasted and sipped the hot soup carefully before turning the element dial off.