Chapter 5 - Cullen

I was getting ready for my first official date. Jacob and I had continued to hang out a lot after that day at the beach. However, after weeks of him not asking me out, I decided to ask him on a real date. I was planning on taking him to a little restaurant in Port Angles. I put on a cute green dress with black flats, doing light makeup, and leaving my hair down.

I walked downstairs just as there was a knock on the door. I smiled, but then I saw Sam had answered the door. "Jacob?" My brother questioned the boy, who was wearing a nice button-up shirt and holding a rose bouquet. His hair was tied back in a ponytail, he looked really nice.

"Hey, I'm here to pick up Pen..." He trailed off, seeing me standing behind Sam. "Wow, Pen, you look great!" He smiled, to which I smiled right back.

"Where are you two going?" Sam asked, seeming a bit angry. 

"I'm taking Jakey boy here on a date. Why do you care? You haven't talked to either of us in weeks anyway." I smiled at Jacob again, before crossing my arms at my brother, a light glare aimed at him. He looked like he was gonna say something, but instead, he just went back into the house.

"Yikes, that was awkward..." Jake said as I got in his car.

"Yeah, sorry you had to see that. I don't know what's gotten into him lately..." 

For the whole drive, we talked and laughed, I was pointing out which way to go. We finally pulled up in front of  La Bella Italia, one of the only restaurants here that was worth eating at. As we were walking up we saw two girls from Forks squealing at each other before getting in their little car. I grabbed Jake's hand and walked inside.

"Hi, I have a reservation for Uley," I smiled at the hostess. She leads us to a semi-private area where we were only near one other couple.  I was about to sit down when I could feel a monster's presence. I scanned the room only to have my eyes land on a pale man who was sitting with Bella Swan. 

"He's here for her?"  I thought to myself, "I can't let him live, I need a plan."

I decided to look over the menu for now, but I glanced up at the monster, only to find him staring at me with dark black eyes. I glared at him and he turned back to Bella, who looked over at us to see what the monster was looking at.

"Jacob? Pen? What are you guys doing here?"

"I asked this doof on a date." I smiled at Bella, still keeping a wary eye on the monster.

"Why are you here with Cullen?" Jacob seemed disgusted, which confused me, maybe he could sense something too.

"Um, we, uh" Bella stammered, unsure of what to say, and vaguely surprised by Jake's tone.

"I asked Bella on a date. Sorry but I don't think we've met. I'm Edward Cullen" His name sent danger chills down my spine.

"Pen Uley," I answer shortly. I turned back to Jacob, who was looking between Bella and Edward. "Jake, what do you think you're going to get?" He glanced briefly at the menu before answering me,

"The lasagna sounds pretty good. What are you going to get?"

"Definitely the manicotti." I grinned, thinking about the delicious Italian food. When the waitress got there we ordered, and I gave her a slight glare as she flirted with the embarrassed Jacob. I was sipping my drink when my enhanced hearing picked up on Edward saying he could read every mind in the room. My eyes snapped to him as he was looking at each person and saying what they were thinking.

When he got to Jake I turned to the boy sitting in front of me, who was trying to make a tower out of the utensils. I laughed and his eyes briefly lifted to meet mine, and he smiled his adorable Jacob Black smile. I could vaguely hear Cullen saying that Jake and I were thinking only of how much we wanted to kiss each other, mumbling that I was also thinking about killing the monster himself.

I pulled Jake's face to mine and gave him a kiss, and his grin grew even more as I blushed and smiled at him. Just then our food arrived and the nearby human-monster couple left. We ate and I paid the bill, telling Jacob that he could pay on the next date.

"Next date?" He asked with a grin.

"Only if you ask me this time," I replied with a smirk.

He held my hand and we walked to the car, him opening my door before getting in himself.  The drive home was quiet and peaceful, but I couldn't stop thinking about how I really needed to find out what monster that Cullen is, and how to kill him. I will kill him, but I might need some help.

Hi guys! I hope you like the chapter, I know it's not much but I wanted to do something. Let me know what you think will happen next!