Chapter One: The Twins Who Hunt Akuma (Part 1)

Natalia

Timcampy flew around the carriage as we rode, flapping his wings happily.

"Timcampy! Timcampy!" Allen called, until the golden golem returned to him.

"Don't go flying off like that Timcampy! What if you get eaten by a cat again?" Allen scolded. I took the golem from my brother and began to stroke Timcampy's beautiful gold wings.

"It's not Timcampy's fault that he wants to fly. It's in his nature!" I told my brother. The curtain behind us was pushed aside, and a red haired clown handed Allen a package. A busty woman stood behind the clown, wearing a pink bunny head. They seemed friendly enough, giving two strange white-haired teens food, but in my experience, you can't ever trust someone. Allen thanked the clown, and was about to turn around when the clown's companion pushed him to the side.

"Are you on a trip?" She asked. Allen shook his head. I just lifted my cloak's hood over my head and continued stroking Timcampy.

"No," Allen said. "We're paying a visit to Exorcist Headquarters!" He said with a polite smile. I frowned.

After a little while, the duo left us alone. Timcampy had started to fly around again, then a cat jumped up and chomped down on Timcampy.

"Hey! Get back here!" Allen yelled as we grabbed our stuff and hopped off the cart. We chased the cat down streets and through some questionable alleys, until the cat ran into an old church. We walked in silently and searched for the cat in the dark. After a few moments, we heard a man scream and the cat purr.

"It's a cat." We heard a woman say. Rustling came from the rafters, and startled awake by the man's scream, a swarm of bats flew down on us. Again we heard the man scream in fear.

What a wuss.

I finally saw the cat, and Allen ran through the bats to grab it. Unfortunately, Allen also grabbed the female police officer. He ran upstairs, me in close pursuit, leaving the man lying on the floor gasping for air. We ran into a room, closing the door behind us, the bats fluttering through the air. Allen pinned the officer to a convenient chair in the room, and the bats began to dissipate.

"Gotcha!" Allen said. Allen had not noticed the female officer, and therefore he had not realized he had grabbed her. He grunted in surprise. Allen pulled back his red arm, clearly upset.

"A human!?" He said surprised. I sighed, a sweat-drop on my head.

"What're you doing in a place like this?" Allen asked the woman. She responded by handcuffing him.

"HOW DARE YOU?" The officer began.

"I'm sorry!" Allen said throwing his hands up.

"Who are you?" The officer said authoritatively.

"We were trying so hard to catch that cat that I didn't realize!" Allen said apologetically. The woman stared at him like she didn't believe him.

"Geez! He was just trying to catch the fucking cat, woman!" I snapped. The woman glared at my hooded form. Then the moonlight shone through the window more clearly, and the woman could finally see Allen's face.

"Uhm, we're just travelers!" Allen said nervously.

After the woman explained why she was surprised to see people here, Allen nodded in understanding.

"We did not realize that there was such a disturbing rumor about this place. We just arrived tonight!" Allen said nervously. The cop had handcuffed us to the window frame, and the fat cat sat next to us, licking its paws. I glared at it and it hissed.