Chapter Two: The Twins That Hunt Akuma (Part Two)

Me: Hello Everyone! I am your friendly author Sam! School is keeping me busy, but now it is spring break, so I can update more! I hope that you enjoy this story, and remember, I, sadly, do not own D Gray Man. I only own Natalia! Though she scares me.......

Natalia: What'd you say?

Me: Um, nothing!

Sisuka: Be nice to the poor girl, Nat!

Natalia & Me: Where'd you come from?

Sisuka: The door.

Natalia: Smartass.

Me, Allen, & Sisuka: Language!

Natalia: Shut up, or perish!

Me: Still terrifying!

Me: I also own Sisuka.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Natalia

The female cop, Moore, had been forced to take Allen and I to her residence, so she could keep an eye on us. Stupid police, with their stupid rules about "making sure we don't flee the town", "they're insane.", and "THAT BITCH FUCKING BIT ME!" Okay, so the last one wasn't really a rule. I don't think the police believed Allen. I tried to escape three times, but my brother kept me from running. As we walked past the scene of the crime, I could hear the townsfolk gossiping.

"Brother?" Moore called as we entered her flat. I raised an eyebrow. So she has a brother too...... interesting.

"Welcome home, Moore." A gravely voice replied. Moore left us in the hall of her flat, and entered another room. I sat boredly on on the couch, as Allen started to sneak towards the door. He tripped and knocked over a table. The cat meowed and jumped away, Allen yelling at it. I smirked. Moore came back to investigate, just as Allen got hold of the cat. A frame fell on his head.

"Ow!" He groaned, rubbing his sore noggin. Moore stood over him, her hands on her hips.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" She shouted, and I stood. Moore sighed.

"He was going to the crime scene." I said, and Allen shot me a dirty look. I stuck my tongue out. He looked back at Moore, and a hopeful expression crossed his face.

"Just for a little while!" He said. Immediately, Moore responded.

"No!" She said angrily.

After a few hours, Moore dragged me to the kitchen.

"What?" I hissed, and she threw me an apron.

"You're going to help me cook." She said plainly, and I scowled, but tied the apron around my waist. She brought out some carrots and other vegetables, and a pair of knives.

"Here." She said, handing me a couple carrots and a knife. I set them on the counter, and began to slice.

"Why is your hair white?" Moore asked. I shot her a death glare and she flinched.

"Sorry, I'm just curious." She apologized. I frowned, and chopped a slice rather furiously.

"Emotional trauma and a period of severe depression and stress." I said plainly, and she nodded sympathetically.

"Who died?" She asked, and I frowned.

"None of your business." I snapped, and I tore off the apron, and tossed it on the counter. I stormed out of the kitchen, grabbed my cloak, and slammed the door to the flat behind me. I could hear Moore and Allen yelling at me, but I began to run.

I couldn't bring up Mana, ever. It still hurt, like someone stabbing me in the chest, only for them to pull out the blade out when the pain lessened a bit, and do it again.

I wasn't paying attention to where I was running, tears and bouncing hair blocking my vision, and ended up in the old church. I ran into the room where all the decorations might have been stored, and slammed the door. None of the police officers milling about the church had seen me, miraculously.

The room was small, about ten feet by ten feet by seven feet. It was filled with dust, and moonlight pouring through a single dirty window illuminated the room. I walked a few feet, the ancient floorboards creaking under me, and fell to my knees in the bright patch of moonlight.

Tears ran down my face, leaving dots in the dirt covered floor. I missed Mana so much, my heart ached whenever I thought about my adopted father. He was the first one to accept us, to be kind to us, to actually care for us. Then he went and died on us! I couldn't think anymore, I just started to sob. My tiny frame began to shake, and I began to sing the lullaby Mana had taught me years ago.

Like how the heart-shaped clouds change its form
Will I be changin' too someday?

I remain standing in the midst of parting way
And the shadow gently fades away

Like how the sun is always there
Even when it has sunk down
It's a dream I can't let go

A thousand destinies
I'll show you I can change my fate
Now what can I do with these hands of mine?
I'll reach out from inside

When you starts to lose sight of your precious things
How many words are out there to save you?

Because the irreplaceable treasure raises me,
Supports me and gives me a strong heart

Fantasies starts to flow
Certainty is definitely here
I can show you my faith is stronger than anybody else's
There's faith in my soul

Just like diamond being polished to shine
The more it hurts, the brighter it starts to glisten
And now it's changin' all the more

A thousand destinies
I'll show you I can change my fate
Now what can I do with these hands of mine?
Fantasies starts to flow
Certainty is definitely here
I can show you my faith is stronger than anybody else's
I'll reach out from inside

I broke down into tears, my sobs echoing throughout the room. It was a miracle no one came looking. The floor was stained by my tears, and the moon the sole witness to my cries. Mana would never come back. Once someone's died, they will never come back.

"Now now my child, don't cry." A voice said. A gloved hand brushed my face, and I turned to see a tubby cartoonish man with a large yellow coat, an enormous smile, and a pink umbrella with a pumpkin on top.

"Hello child." He said, his voice soothing and gravely, like a beloved grandfather as he spoke to his grandchildren. I nearly fell for his act, then I remembered who he was.

"Y-you're the Millennium Earl!" I shouted, backing up a few feet. He waddled towards me, his smile never fading.

"An exorcist, eh?" He said, tipping his head to the side. I started to activate my Innocence, but he tutted.

"Tsk tsk, child. I am not here to hurt you today." He said, opening his umbrella.

"Just came to make sure that my beloved Akuma was doing its job!" He sang, and a door appeared behind him. He went through it, and the door vanished, leaving me a sweaty, terrified mess. Then I heard a loud BOOM! And the building shook.

"Uh oh." I said, and hurried out the door.