< two >

< TommyInnit tried to swim in lava >

"Tommy?"

Tommy frowned, floating up through the lava and poking his eyes out on top.

Ghostbur was there, his normally joyful face was marred slightly with worry as his completely white eyes scanned the huge lava pool, lighting up as he caught sight of Tommy's dull blonde hair and dead blue eyes amongst the lava.

"Tommy! There you are!" Ghostbur grinned, flying over and reaching down, slender fingers wrapping around Tommy's grey arms and pulling him out of the warmth.

Tommy was quickly pulled into a suffocating hug, "i'm so glad I found you!" Ghostbur exclaimed, pulling out of the hug and scanning his dead eyes over Tommy's ghostly form, "how did you manage to die?"

The younger ghost frowned "I jumped" he said, his voice monotone, as if that was something Ghostbur ought to already know.

"Why'd you do that?" Ghostbur asked, cocking his head to the side like a puppy, confusion written all over his grey face.

"To kill myself, I suppose" he answered, shrugging and staring at Ghostbur with his dull blue eyes, lava tears pouring down his see-through cheeks.

Ghostbur frowned, and looked into his inventory, "Blue?" he offered, holding a handful of the stuff out to his younger brother.

"Thanks, Ghostbur," Tommy took the blue, watching with slight curiosity as the once clear dye turned a brilliant shade of blue in a millisecond.

This sent the older ghost into a frenzy, immediately tossing Tommy's handful of blue dye into the bubbling lava and replacing it, once again watching as it turned blue.

They repeated this process a few times, and every time Ghostbur's worry increased.

"Chill, Ghostbur, it's okay" Tommy retracted his hand and placed it gently on his older brothers shoulder.

"But-"

"No, seriously, it's fine" he took back his hand, which for some reason was a bright, bubbling red, and instead floated upwards, towards the bridge.

Ghostbur followed him, still seeming agitated that the blue didn't fix Tommy's sad expression, but he quickly brightened as he set sight on the swirling purple portal that lead to L'manburg.

"Come on Tommy!" Ghostbur smiled and grabbed his brothers wrist, tugging him up and through the magical portal, Tommy's protests muffled as the portal transported them to The Overworld, leaving the heat and comfort The Nether provided behind.

The cool breeze whipped across Tommy's cheeks, making him wince slightly, unlike Ghostbur, who seemed to emit a slightly cold aura, GhostInnit's was hot, reflecting the lava that stole his last life.

"Let's go see Tubbo! He's probably in his office," Ghostbur decided, eagerly pulling Tommy with him as he glided, about an inch above the ground, through the large, menacing gate that closed off L'manburg.

Tommy's dead blue eyes took in his surroundings, he remembered this place quite a bit, but all his memories were sad, wars and bombs and tears flooding his mind, leaving him feeling even more numb than before.

He let the older ghost guide him along the path, but he quickly spotted a large gathering of people, near what seemed to be a large christmas tree, decorated with colourful lights and sparkling tinsel.

Ghostbur gasped as he noticed the group and quickly changed course, making his way towards the people.

The first to notice them was a girl, with soft blonde hair and warm brown eyes, he didn't remember her at all, and her expression immediately transformed from one of relaxation to horror, a hand flying up to cover her gaping mouth.

"Tommy?"

All the heads turned there way, and a collective intake of breath could be heared as all eyes set sight on Ghostbur and GhostInnit.

"Hey guys! Look who I found in The Nether!"