Plotting

Michael Pov

To be a man is to devote your life to protecting your loved ones

To be a man is to devote your life to protecting your loved ones. You become a personal secret service man for the one you love, for the love you want to bring into the world. For Reagan...I'll kill.

"Michael?" She yawned sitting up. I looked over my shoulder seeing her rub her eyes before looking at me. My gaze quickly moved from her back to the wall in front of me as I sat at the foot of the bed with my hands intertwined at I thought more about how to keep the evil in this world away from her.

"Go back to bed." I said calmly still not looking at her. The weight shifted on the bed and I soon felt her small hands on the lower part of my spine slide up to my shoulders. Her face now laid on my shoulder, and in the quiet of the 3am night, the moon barley shined light through our balcony door, and I could hear her breath slow and peaceful.

"Not unless you come lay down with me." She spoke with a sleepy voice moving her hands from my shoulders to around my waist.

"Princess you have to be up in 4 hours, go lay down, I'll be there soon." I said slowly standing up and leaning over her placing a kiss on her forehead. Even though light barley shined through, I could see her pout. She swung her legs under her and getting on her knees so she was now face to face with my chest. She placed both her hand in the center and looked at me.

"What's wrong." She said looking me in my eyes. I wanted more than anything to tell her. To tell her I messed with the wrong people in college and now the past is coming for her life. To tell her I've been giving money to the devil in heels, but I knew she would react badly, and I couldn't tell her just yet. I have to end the problem first.

"Everything's fine and I promise I would tell you if anything's going on." I said walking towards the balcony door looking outside making sure everything was okay.

"No it's not." She said as my back faced her. The sound of her feet hitting the floor stresses me more. Sometimes I wish she couldn't read me the way she does. She sees right through me. "Why do you keep lying to me." She said standing next to me.

"I'm not lying, Reagan I just need you to trust me in this." I said looking turning to look at her as she stood in a royal blue silk slip nighty with her arms around her own body to keep warm as the winter air could be felt coming in from the crack of the balcony door.

"I can't trust you with you lying to me face, you haven't done this is years." She said looking out the balcony glass door sighing. "Is it because I can't get pregnant." She said with her tone saddening.

"Look at me." I said softly grabbing her chin and turning her face towards me. "We've been trying for 3 months stop beating yourself up about this. As for me, I would never be upset or hold anything against you because it hasn't happened yet." I said pulling her into me from behind. I wrapped my arms around her body that had slight chills. We both looked out at the backyard and the back of her head pressed against my chest slightly.