Fall

Dear Deku,

If you are reading this, then that means I have finally made up my mind and decided to stay in Hawaii with my parents.

For years growing up, I had barely gotten to see them, and after the implementation of the dorms at UA, that time grew even shorter still. I became a hero because I both wanted to help people, and earn money for them while doing so. Now that I've done both, I think it's time I spend a little time on myself, before returning to heroics here in the states.

I love you, and will always have a piece of my heart reserved for you, but our lives and livelihoods will now probably come to clash. With that said, I think it's best we see other people, so that we may come to enjoy life to its fullest.

Sincerely,

Ochako Uraraka

Izuku looks at the letter once more, his eyes cold and emotionless, as he holds a glass of beer in his other hand.

The former class of 1-A look at the up and coming hero with worry and sympathy. Shoto Todoroki, the one most would describe as Izuku's best friend, wraps the man in a one armed hug, trying to stir emotion from their usually smiling companion. The BakuSquad, minus Bakugou himself, take the letter and start trying to roast anything they can, hoping to stir Izuku into stopping them, joining in... Anything. The more quiet ones take to their phones, quickly deleting a certain person's contact, for professional reasons, clearly.

Everyone had gathered at Momo's (it had the space for all twenty of them after all) like they did everytime Izuku said he had gotten a letter from Ochako, the young woman having been recruited to an agency in Hawaii for what was supposed to be a temporary gig. It seems a temp job ended up becoming permanent. And now in the fallout, they're trying to come to terms with the events.

"Good for Round Cheeks, I guess." Katsuki Bakugou speaks, looking away in anger. "But god is she a Bi-"

"Kacchan." Izuku speaks, his voice tired and weary, as if he was about to break like glass. "Thank you, for wishing her luck." The greenette walks over to the BakuSquad, grabbing the letter from them, before folding it up and putting it in his pocket. He finished his drink, putting the glass in the proper recyclable, before walking out of the meet up room.

All the while a certain violette rocker gal was watching from the corner of the room.

As the leaves changed in color, and the air started to become crisp, the following week and a half made it very clear that something was... Off, with Pro Hero Deku. Sure, he kept up his perpetual smile, his never ending kindness, and his usual never give up attitude, but his eyes always had this sort of... Shadow to them, that betrayed a sense of sadness.

The man was hurt and, outside of the former Class, nobody seemed to know why.

The class, in an attempt to bring the shine back into Izuku's eyes, came up with daily after work 'outings'. Everyone trying something to help the man out. Shoto and Katsuki took him in disguise to hero conventions, but without Izuku's usual spark, they just felt like empty meetups. Aoyama, Mina, and Momo surprisingly, took Izuku out on a shopping spree, which while it updated the greenette's wardrobe, it did little to make him truly happy. Tokoyami, Shinso, and Kaminari for some reason, took Izuku out to a carnival, which while he did get sick on the park's roller coaster, he took little enjoyment from the venture.

It seemed like nothing would bring Izuku back into high spirits.

Finally, a couple weeks into the outings, one Kyoka Jirou asked to be the next one to try, requesting not to have anyone else go with. The class agreed, a bit confused about the attempt at one on one time, but maybe she had something special planned. The violette smirked at the agreement, before shooting off a text to Izuku.