Chapter 7

***

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

***

IT TOOK us almost fifteen minutes to arrive at the Reburene Palace. The trip was just silent. I felt like a tree stump all that time because Samael and I were still together. Meanwhile, I could not see Rosette sitting on the opposite side.

Even though I was sitting on Samael's lap the whole time, he went down the carriage as soon as the knight opened the carriage door. I wonder if I was that light that he could carry me with ease.

"Greetings to the heir of the sun of the Reburene empire!"

I turned around, and there was a line of maids facing our direction. Despite being maids, I could see the differences between their attires with the few maids assigned at my palace. It was not surprising though. The maids here were serving the Emperor, while the Peridot Palace had the Emperor's illegitimate child that was not meant to exist to begin with.

Aside from the maids, there were also more knights in line close to the walls of the entrance. There was a respected distance that the knights and the maids shared.

"Are you all right, Your Highness?" Rosette asked me worriedly. I nodded at her.

"Your Highness," an old man greeted Samael. He was probably Samael's butler.

"Where is my father?" Samael asked coldly, not minding the age of the person he spoke with.

"In the middle of a meeting, Your Highness," he politely replied to the crown prince.

"I need to speak with him."

"It will probably take His Majesty an hour to meet you. Is it possible for Your Highness and guests to wait until then?"

"No," he sternly replied. "Tell him I need to talk to him right now. Tell him I am with my younger sister, whom he hid from me."

The butler frowned at what he said and looked at me—probably staring at my hair and eyes. I was certain he was confused as well at the sight of me. Despite being Samael's butler, it did not necessarily mean he would be told of all secrets of the royal family.

"But—"

"Inform him that I will let the barbarians into the empire," Samael threatened the old man.

I saw beads of sweat build upon the butler's forehead. He nodded nervously and took the handkerchief from the pocket next to his lapel. "Of course, Your Highness."

We entered Reburene Palace, which was very different from Peridot Palace. Every corner and core of the palace was brighter and made of one prominent thing—gold. It could not be mistaken for any other place but the Emperor's palace.

A row of knights inside stood still in their position indoors. There were also maids passing by and giving a polite nod in our direction. They stayed in that position until we passed them.