Chapter 7

Chapter 6 : Love trouble

Quote of the day : 

"The one thing we can never get enough of is love.
And the one thing we never give enough is love."

- Henry Miller

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun's rays warmed your face tenderly, a nice sign for a pleasant day. Well, what would have been a pleasant day if it weren't for the nearly incomprehensible drawl of your teacher; poor guy looked dead both inside and out. Other than that, today had been fairly peaceful. Your finger halted its low drumming as a thought brought itself to your attention.

Right, right, let's address the elephant or the rather attention-seeking snake in the room.

He had been hovering all around you ever since you stepped into the school - he acted as if he didn't lie to you for who knows how long! But then again, you rested your head on your hand, it was plain idiotic how you had missed or rather ignored all the signs for the sake of not wanting to depend on Nene for all your human interactions.

Suddenly, a head swings down from the ceiling - blocking your vision of the board. It had taken all of your willpower not to shriek in surprise but you had still ended flinching rather violently - drawing some eyes to yourself, much to your embarrassment.

"Ne ne, (Your name), give me a kiss!"

Your eyes narrowed, but when paired with your slowly warming face made your glare ineffective - only making the boy's heart throb. How precious, you posed just as much danger as a hare would - so defenseless. Depending on him for protection, for food, for love.

You know,

His heart skipped a beat out of pure excitement at his thought, and his hands grew clammy in his glee. You cover your face and mentally groan at the warmth you felt - unaware of your spectral friend's slowly darkening ideas. A sleeping Nene dozed off in the warm rays by the window, dreaming of a hot prince who did not resemble anyone in particular.

that doesn't sound half b-

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

....oh?"

The entire classroom, plus one ghost stared at Yashiro; some in surprise and one in slight displeasure. The institution's bell rang out, signalling the end of another period.

"I'm sorry..."

Chatter bounced around the academy's courtyard, students scattered across the vast area; some laughing as they went on their class duties, some lazing about, that one guy planning to blow up some schoo - oh, excuse me, that one guy and his girlfriend planning to blow up some school... Quite an array of personalities, yes?

Our focus rests on two girls, indulging in a conversation as they were filling up their watering cans. Luckily for on - both of them, a ghost boy that would pester either of them was nowhere in sight.

"It was so embarassing, (Your name)!"

A radish sighed in exasperation, face red from what had transpired earlier.