ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴅ

the full title is "if you were caught as the mastermind" but it was too long. this request was by Greenyboi65

TW: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, DEPRESSION, MINIMAL SWEARING AND NUMBNESS*

(*complete lack of emotion)

(also uh, spoilers and stuff)

🔍Shuichi🔍

hes a complete mess, why would you do this? he had figured it out before everyone else, and you knew he did.

it was the same situation as Kaede, he went silent. all that confidence everyone helped him build was just gone.

Kaitos dead and you set up the killing game, its been a bad few days for him

Maki kind of forced him out of his shell to tell everyone, she wasnt having him being quiet again. not at a time like this.

even then it was hard for him to say it. before he accused Kaede of murder, but now hes accusing you of masterminding the killing game

quite a big difference.

of course, a big question was "how".  someone as nice as you, putting them through so much suffering.

though all you could was smile and laugh, the despair in the room, the despair you were feeling was addictive.

you knew this wasnt healthy. you knew you shouldnt of taken up the job. you hate your coworkers and you hate what youve turned into.

and after everything was brought to light by your own lover all you could do was just smile, and not the warm way Shuichi knew.

the despair was overwhelming, you asked for this, right? you went into this knowing that youd die in the end, you had to of known at some point to turn back, right?

Shuichi begged for you to refute his points, there had to be a point he missed, somewhere, anywhere. this all just had to be a coincidence, a trick of the mind maybe?

but here you are, shouting at Monokuma to start the execution with the biggest smile on your face. you felt like you should be feeling the "freeing despair" right now. but you arent. the guilt of your actions too much to handle.

as you got dragged away and executed, Shuichi just stared with the most distant eyes. it was if you took his heart with you and was killed too.

even with the help of Himiko and Maki, Shuichi forgot how to smile without you.

🔭Kaito🔭

as Shuichi repeated the case from start to finish, he couldnt believe it, for a moment he thought his own sidekick betrayed him.

that was until everyone was started to ask you if it was true or questioned why you did it. Kaito was desperate, it couldnt be you, it just couldnt be

he tried refuting all of Shuichis points, even said it was him a few times, but you didnt speak a word.

while everyone was trying to get Kaito to shut up, very loud laughter was hear from you. it seemed deafening to Kaito, it meant that all of his efforts were to waste, you really were the mastermind, werent you?

you were filled to the brim with despair, you felt it and you were going to make everyone else feel it too. luckily you were put in this game with some of the past people you knew, aka their pregames.