ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ

(lmao you dead. this was a request for "if you died in the killing game" by 12Angel_Rose10)

TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH AND GORE, SPOILERS FOR V3'S 4TH TRIAL

(Y/N will die to Miu in the virtual world, then Miu was killed by the canon killer in the 4th trial)

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Author POV˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

most of the remaining class was on the roof as they were looking for clues. admittedly, most of them suspected Kokichi. who wouldn't? they all saw Miu whisper something to him, and his rep of being a liar wasn't helping his case.

so far, y/ns disappearance hasn't been noticed, as people who were investigating thought y/n was guarding the body and people who were guarding the body thought y/n was investigating. Shuichi, who was simply doing his job as a detective, and was investigating everything on the roof. Though when he opened the outdoor closet-

🔍Shuichi🔍

why? this wasn't supposed to happen.

when he opened the closet door, y/ns body that was propped up against it fell. their head was practically touching his feet, cold, unmoving.

this isn't real. this can't be happening. he'll just wake up from his bed and leave his dorm, y/n would be right there to vent to. to hug. to tell them that he liked them more then a friend.

y/n never moved, their unmoving eyes telling him that he failed. telling him that he could've done better. telling him that if he tried he could've saved them.

but he trying! he's trying his best to be better!..

but he still failed y/n.

. . .

it should've been him that was on the floor unmoving-

Kaito interrupted his thoughts by shouting in surprise, and hearing everyone panicked only made him feel worse. but at least he wasn't left alone to his thoughts anymore. it was like he couldn't think rationally anymore. he knows his lines of thought isnt healthy.

of course he still had Kaito and Maki, but y/n was different. they would go back and forth in their conversations, and no matter what time of day it was y/n would always be there to help him. if he had a nightmare he could meet knock on their door and they'd comfort him. if he felt stressed or anxious they would go to the dining hall for tea to calm his nerves.

what did he do for y/n in return? nothing! y/n cared, he loved them and he couldn't even help then when they needed it. how many times was y/n there for him when he needed it? and when they needed help once he didn't even show. hell, he didn't even know they were dead until now!

By that time the group of people investigating stared to check y/ns body or the closet. Kaito noticed his sidekick deep in thought though. Hes dense, but even he knew that they were really close. he tried his best to comfort him, and it somewhat worked.

Shuichi decided that he should stop thinking about it and try to find the murderer. y/ns murderer-

ok. not as over it as he thought, but for your sake he tried to repress his thoughts. at least until the trial is over.

before he moved into the closet he took one final look into your eyes. in reality, it just looked like any other dead persons eyes but to Shuichi, it was like looking at judgement. looking at his mistakes, knowing he could of changed them. he couldn't look at your body any longer.