Epilogue

Danny didn't know what had happened. One minute he was having a regular old fight with Plasmius as usual, the next he was lying there in a puddle of his own blood.
Vlad was there. He looked the worst Danny had ever seen him, his face showing more emotion than ever. The younger halfa was surprised. Did Vlad actually care about him? It sure seemed like it at the time. Now that he thought about it, Danny realized he could hear Vlad talking. "...sorry, so so...", "-niel, hold...", "...be okay, I pro-", his voice drifted in and out, but there was true fear in his voice. Danny chuckled, well he tried to, but he just ended up in a coughing fit, spiraling more fear into the older. He heard Vlad's voice again, more distant but he could hear for longer periods. "... Yes, yes, please send help now, we need immidiate...." "..-ast it, I don't care what it takes, send hel-..."
None of it made sense.

~~~

Vlad Masters was in a panic. Damn it, damn it this was his fault, HIS fault this was happening, if only... He shouldn't have been so rough with the boy, that one wrong move...
All it had took was one ecto-blast. Daniel was preoccupied with his 'witty banter' ("Jeez Cheezehead, don't you have anything better to do than try and make me your son?"), do Vlad had taken a shot. It was a stupid, foolish move. It had hit Daniel in the stomach, completely unprotected.
Now yes, this didn't really affect him much, but since the blast was going so fast, it had blasted him backwards.
Straight into a tree.
Head first.
Now of course, that still didn't make up for the mess that was in front of him. Vlad looked at the boy again, getting more worried. Where was the damn ambulance? Someone, anyone, had to be there by now! Suddenly, Vlad scooped up the boy, and transformed back into Plasmius. Danny made a small noise of protest, but he couldn't do much.
Vlad was about to take off, but then he heard it. "Put the boy down." It was loud, booming, and commanding. The voice made Vlad's skin crawl, but he did not comply. Instead, he turned to see the person attached to the voice.
But he only saw two, red dots in the distance.