Chapter Thirteen - Sing Me to Sleep

A/N: Because I adore each and everyone of you, how about a double update? :) Sorry their both short, I fractured my wrist and unfortunately, it's on my dominant hand. Hope you enjoy it!

Vader only got up once the rest of that night, just to change clothes and get ready for bed. The next morning, he went ahead and put in the next two weeks as his vacation time. If only it was a vacation...

The good news is that when he woke up the next morning, two brown eyes looked back at him. A soft smile tugged at his lips as he carefully pulled her into his arms.

"Good Morning, Padme."

"Good Morning, Ani-" A yawn cut her off short, making it sound like a nickname. Anakin chuckled at her, kissing her temple gently. "I like that name coming from you."

Before she could respond, a stinging in her right hand made her hiss. "Why is there a drip in my arm?"

"Do you remember what happened on the balcony last night?" His words made reality set in as the few, short memories began to flutter though her conscious. She slowly nodded.

"I got shot and then passed out. What's wrong with me?"

Anakin gulped, not sure whether to just say it or not. He decided he just rip the bacta pad off and tell her the truth. "You're dying, sweetheart. I'm going to save you though, I've already got my best medical teams doing some research."

"What do I have?" Padme curled into his chest a bit, ignoring the slight tug she felt from the IV.

"Blue Shadow Virus."

Silence filled the apartment; it was an uncomfortable situation for the both of them. Salty tears filled her eyes as she just laid there against his shoulder.

"Ani, I'm gonna die, aren't I?"

"Not if I can help it." He sat up and assisted her in doing the same. "You and I will do this together and you will get better. I won't lose you; not now, not ever..."

Padme sat up a bit, just so she could see his full face. "This is why you were acting strange, isn't it? You knew something was up and you didn't want me to worrying about it, right?" He pulled her down into his arms, resting her head in the crook of his neck.

"Looks like you were gonna be involved anyways. Gods... I'm sorry, Angel; I should've been shot instead."

"Ani, it would've been ten times as bad." She hugged him a little tighter. "I'm not the Emperor to be, I'm just a girl from the Slavers..." Vader grabbed her chin, looking her in the eye.

"You are the only woman for me. You are more special to me than you realize, I-" He stopped himself, tucking her under his chin. Padme was about to ask him to finish what he was saying but he surprised her.

"I adore you..." His deep voice sounded smooth and husky. "I adore you... Baby, can ya hear me? When I'm crying out, for you... I'm scared oh so scared, when you're near me...I feel like I'm standing with an army..."

He continued to sing softly to her until she fell back asleep which cause him in turn to fall asleep as sunrays danced around their suite.