Chapter Fourteen - Shocks All Around

The funny thing is right after I put this book on hold, my writer's block broke and I wrote a bunch of chapters. I will be posting a few now and then a few more this weekend. I knew that putting TLAS on hold wasn't gonna last long. Love y'all

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Atzin Foster scanned the charts, trying to find the answer. Lord Vader was practically breathing down his neck, wanting the results of Padme's tests. It hadn't even been a full day since the annual ball and the young Sith was already back to his brooding routine.

"It seems my initial diagnosis was incorrect." He flipped though a clipboard, glancing at Vader through the corner of his eye. "The poison is not Blue Shadow-"

He noticed the Sith Lord's face light up. "So she's gonna okay?"

"No," The old man swallowed, feeling his anxiety grow worse. "She was shot with mix of poisons. I can't analyze the root poison as it appears to be some sort of concoction. With that being said, I do have some good news."

Vader felt himself grow hopeful, an emotion he scarcely felt before he met Padme. "What is it, Atzin?" His tone softened tremendously as he lowered his hood.

"She has more than a week."

Though this made him feel better, Vader groaned as he knew there was still a day coming that his angel would get her permanent wings...

"How long?"

"Instead of one week, she has about five to six months."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Padme was sitting up in their bed when Vader came back from the medical wing. Foster had given him a list of precautions that Padme had to take on a daily basis as well as a weekly shot plan that she'll have to cope with.

He sat on the edge of the bed, slowly unlacing his boots. "The medical team gave me some very good news..." She crawled up behind him on the bed, wrapping her arms around his waist while her head rested against his back.

"I'm not gonna die?"

"I already told you, I'm not gonna let that happen. You're stuck with me until I'm six feet under." He tossed his cloak over the edge of the bed before laying down in the bed. Anakin quickly pulled her into his arms, covering them both with the black, satin sheets.

"Doctor Foster said it wasn't Blue Shadow. Instead, it's a mix of different poisons but their not as bad. Once he analyzes the mixture, he'll create a solution and boom! No more poison for you... On the other hand though, until he does find the cure..."

Padme noticed how he looked away, his blue eyes losing their usual sparkle. "What is it? Come on, Ani... I'm a big girl; I can take it..." He turned his gaze on her, instantly being captivated by her soft brown eyes. "You have five to six months to live."

Though she felt scared and anxious because of the whole ordeal, Padme tried to look on the bright side. "That means that they have more than enough time to find a cure for me."

In the long, hard 21 years that he had been alive, never once had Anakin felt so inspired by anyone. He'd never felt this sense of pride that only she could give him. She was the one for him, there was no doubt about it.

"That's one way to think about it but I don't wanna talk about this matter anymore."

She curled into his embrace, hugging his torso as best as she could. "What do you wanna talk about then?"

"Let's get married."