part 4. Visions

The moon.

That's all he saw... That's all he felt.

The small boy hovered in the air, soft wind buffeting his snow colored hair. He floated silently, the chill in the air finding no effect on him.

The sky was cloudless and silent. Dull vibrations filled jacks whole body as the moon towered enormously above him.

He felt like he was underwater, yet he didn't feel the need for air. He drifted senselessly, yearningly, as the moon watched on.

-
Jack's limp body flung through the air as a snow globe portal opened. The panicked jingle of bells rang throughout the workshop as multiple elves were thrown like stray snowflakes as his body hit the floor.

"Jack?" A soft voice called, the flutter of wings cutting through the chimes. Tooth fairy was at his side instantly, gasping at the scene.

"Tooth! Is jack yes?" Nicks booming voice echoed along with his heavy footfalls as he trudged through the ever growing crowd of curious toymakers

"Nick! He's hurt!" Tooth's voice called as she struggled to pull jack into her arms and fly him over.

"Bring him to office" Nick said gruffly, mostly to himself since he grabbed jack from tooth's arms with only one hand.

To the workspace they went, paying no heed to the elves they knocked over on the way. Laying back down on the table, Nick looked the boy over. There was a large hole in the front of his blue hoodie, rather unfortunate but could be fixed. Other than that the boy looked fine. Not a scratch on his pale skin, though Tooth did blush a little at the sight of his bare lower stomach.

"This makes no sense...  He looks completely fine to me" Tooth nervously squeaked, fluttering above the both of them. "Why won't he wake up?"

"Where is jacks staff?" Nick asked, looking around. A soft knock on the door was the only response.

Flittering over, tooth swung open the door to find a horde of elves dragging along the frozen tree branch.

"Thank you!" The fairy said quickly, snagging the staff and slamming the door, earning angry bell jingles.

"Here!" She said, bringing the staff over, though it looked fine as well. "What now?"

Nick was quiet for a moment, looking down at the two. Something was off here...

He let out a very high pitched yelp as jack suddenly sat up, the staff flying into his hands.
The boys eyes were pure black with sand, staring at the wall as he breathed heavily.

"Great mother of Misha..." Nick cursed, taking a step back in fear. An gust of feathers was left behind as tooth flew back as quickly as possible.

Jack blinked a couple times, the black fading away. He looked over at Santa and The Toothfairy with bewilderment.

"......what's wrong with you guys?" He asked, seemingly very confused. He looked around the room, realizing he was back at the north pole. "How did I... Where is pitch?"

"Pitch? You saw him?" Tooth gasped, nervously flying around jack and poking him all over. "Did he do this to you? Are you ok?"

"Tooth slow down" Nick said calmly, clearing his throat and pretending like he hadn't screamed like a child.

"I... Yeah he... He was here... He was waiting for me... I.."

He looked around for his staff, finding it next to him completely intact. Had it been a dream? Certainly not... He didn't sleep.

"He... Stabbed me?" Jack questioned, looking down at his stomach. He seemed completely fine other than the hole in his shirt. His mind felt fuzzy, like he had just woken up from a long winters nap... Though he hadn't slept in decades. "I feel... Fine. I guess.. I guess I'm stab proof?"

Nick chuckled a little, nodding as he pulled up a stool. "We guardians are never affected by such things. Think pitch black would know this by now"

Jack was silent, but in the back of his mind he knew he hadn't been welding a normal human blade.

"Jack...your eyes... They were black" Tooth said nervously, landing on the ground infront of him. "I've never... Never seen anything like it before"

"Black?" He asked, feeling a pit form in his stomach.

"Do not worry" nick interjected, pulling out a snow globe. "We go see sandman. He will know what to do."

---------------

Update:
Hey guys, got some comments to continue this so... Here you go