SIX- I Hope You Dance

His palms were sweaty.

"Tell me about your mom," Jaxon smiled. He wrapped Maddow's tee around his neck. His eyes were focusing on Maddow.

"My mother is in Pennsylvania," he began. His voice traveled off to a whisper. "I wish she'd took me with her."

"Well, I'm glad she didn't. I wouldn't had met you if she did. My parents are divorced and I chose to live with my mother. Did she get up and leave?" He asked. Curiously He asked. Curiosity got the best in Jaxon. He didn't turn his head away from Maddow.

Maddow nodded. "That's another way to put it. She left me when I was young for a job."

Jaxon kept his glance on Maddow and the scenery behind him; it was mostly woodsy with sunlight gleaming against the trees branches, casting a shadow on the patches of grass, and a long wavy path stood behind. "How long have we been jogging for?" Jaxon asked.

"Forty minutes," Maddow sighed. His legs were worn out. He stood awkwardly as Jaxon gripped his hand and hauled him down the dirt path, past a pedestrian bridge, and stood him under a waterfall. "What's going on?" Maddow asked.

Jaxon lingered in front of him and grinned. "Don't move...or freak out." He warned. He moved slowly towards the skittish teenager and placed his lips against Maddow for a good minute.

Maddow took this by surprise and followed through."That was amazing." He stood back. He didn't expect Jaxon to do this, knowing the fact he was dating Ava, Maddow's best friend.

Jaxon glanced down to the rock and Maddow watched him closer, studying if he's regretting what has just happened.

The kiss felt amazing for Maddow. He knew his best friend would be enraged when she finds out. The thoughts of betrayal filled in Maddow's head.

Maddow's eyes watched Jaxon closer. "Are you regretting what just happened?" Maddow asked.

Jaxon brought his head's to face Maddow and shook his head no. "It was amazing. I just wish I knew I liked kissing guys before dating Ava."

"Your first time with a guy?" Maddow asked. He rubbed his hand against the older teenager's back and smiled. "Everything will be okay. If you plan on telling Ava, that's okay too."

"It was indeed. Your lips are soft. My whole life I thought I was straight until I met you." Jaxon said.

Maddow raised his hand gently and placed it against Jaxon's face. A tear rolled down his face and his heart was aching in pain. "How do I go to school and tell Ava? I don't want to break her heart or anything."

"Do you love her? I can't help give much advice since she's my best friend and I don't want her feelings to get crushed. I'll say tell her how you feel or whatnot. Ladies needs to know the truth and not be played with. You're a good guy Jaxon."

Jaxon laughed. "Oh so you're the lady in the relationships? Good to know."

Maddow couldn't lie. It was the truth, he was. He couldn't help but stare at the older one. Wearing  nothing but denim jeans, funky socks and converses. His wet olive skin was smooth and shown off his abs. The perfect one. "Do you love her?"

There was moments of silence except from the birds telling secrets to the others and the sound of owls and breeze through the leaves. Maddow knew what he'd say. He could tell on his expression.

"No," he said. He slid his tee shirt back on and frowned. "I have to date her. I need to prove to my parents I love ladies and not what guys bring."

In that moment, Maddow knew the truth and made him grew closer to Jaxon. He watched him dry his dark curly hair with his sweatshirt.

"Kiss me," Maddow said boldly. He knew Jaxon was out of his league. At the same time he didn't felt confident and was slowly freaking out in his mind at what he said.

"Very brave Maddy," he said angling his face toward Maddow. "Can I call you that?"

Maddow nodded. He wrapped his arms around Jaxon's neck and was gave a quick kiss.

Jaxon sprinted off leaving Maddow there in shock and no ride home.

Let me know what you think about this chapter 😊 I'll try to be updating this story more often. Would you do the same thing as Jaxon?