Chapter 41 - Drained

Jack J's POV:

"Hey." I patted Jack's back. "It's going to be fine, okay?"

"Bro, just stop trying to comfort me. I appreciate it, but this is real. If she was okay she would've shown up hours ago." He went back into his position of worry.

"This is so damn stupid." He rubbed his eye and sighed.

"Hey, you doing okay?" Sammy came back to the waiting room with a small cup of coffee along with Kenny.

Jack shook his head. "I'm sorry, I ruined today."

"No you didn't bro. Stop thinking like that. We still have a couple more days." Kenny sipped his water.

I spotted Cheryl and Chad talking to the police officer behind the desk. He was shaking his head, looking at us. I wasn't sure what for.

Cheryl threw her hands up and stormed back into the waiting room, her high heels clopping on the wooden floor. Reminds me of Paige.

"Apparently they can't do anything until it's been a few more hours. I'm sorry."

Jack took his head out of his hands. "I'm so so sorry you guys. This is not what I planned, I feel absolutely horrible." I haven't seen him hurt like this in a long time.

"Jack, don't blame this on yourself. It's not a burden to help others." Chad patted his shoulder.

"Yeah, I've only known Paige for a couple days and she's an amazing girl. This is scary for me as well." Cheryl stated.

Jack's POV:

It didn't matter what they told me. I felt like I was being a complete burden, even though Paige is the one missing. They probably would rather be spending their time at home, doing something fun. I wanted to be alone anyways, but I wasn't going to say it.

"I need to call her mom back." I took my phone out and noticed that I was extremely shaky. I went to my contacts and called Amy.

"Hello? Jack? Have you heard anything?" She was anxious.

"Apparently we can't do anything for a couple more hours, I'm sorry." If there's ever been a time where I've tried not to cry, it wasn't worse than now.

"If she isn't back by tonight, me and John are flying to Utah. I can't believe this is happening."

"I'm sorry." My left eye began to water up, but I quickly blinked it away.

"It's not your fault."

But it is my fault. If I would've fallen asleep with my arms around her, if I would've just I- I don't know. This is scary. The thought of losing my first real love. My best friend..

"I'll call you if we find anything else.." I said.

"Okay. Don't beat yourself up over this."

"I'll try not to.."

"See ya."

"Bye."

It's not your fault, don't blame yourself, blah blah blah. Them saying this just makes me feel even more guilty about what happened. Too many thoughts were running through my mind, that I was actually getting tired. Where could she have gone? Is she with someone? Is she safe? Was she kidnapped? She's never been to Utah, there's no place I know of that she would've gone. Not to mention the fact that everything she has is under the bed. Sure sign that whatever happened wasn't so good. I shook my head as if it'd make these horrible thoughts wash away.

"Do you want to come back at 8? That's about the time they'll be able to do something." Chad asked.

I got up and nodded. "Yeah, yeah."

Kenny patted my back. "We'll find her."

Why do bad things always happen to Paige? Why can't she just be safe and with me at all times? Maybe that's why I love her so much. She's so interesting, always keeping me attached. But this? I can't handle something like this. It consists of waiting and waiting and waiting, and not knowing what the hell is happening to her at this very moment.

I got into the car along with everyone else. Brynn was at her grandma's house, so there was room for all of us to sit comfortably.

Cheryl looked back at me as we pulled out of the parking lot. She batted her eyes sympathetically.

"Stop." She said. I suddenly became confused.

"I can tell you think that the reason we're here is all your fault, it's not. Stop."

"But it i-"

"Yeah, bro, I would rather be finding Paige than boarding. She's my friend, which means she's 10x more important." Kenny spoke.

I bit my lip.

Sammy's POV:

Again, I feel bad. Jack's entire life basically revolves around Paige. He's so whipped. But honestly.. Who wouldn't be for a girl as hot as her? She's one of my best friends, and Jack thinks we're all bothered by her but honestly it's weird without Paige around. Knowing that she's missing, I definitely would rather spend the day looking for her than trying to have fun boarding. That'd be wrong in my eyes.

Kenny's POV:

I'm not sure why Jack feels the way he does, as if we're all rolling our eyes at what's happening. I love Paige, seriously she's like my sister. I'd do anything for her. Cheryl's honestly slightly obsessed with her now that she knows she models for Maybeline. It makes my heart hurt that she's missing. It's only been 10 hours, but it feels like 100.

Jack's POV:

I was drained. Emotionally and physically. Is this what it's like without her now? Am I seriously this attached to her? Like my other half. Literally, it hurts.

We drove back to the house, still no sign of Paige. I got out of the car and went downstairs with the guys. We can't do anything for another 2 hours.

"Is this hers?" Kenny held up a black diamond earring, definitely Paige's. I nodded and took it from him. I walked across the hall and into the room, ready to set it on the nightstand, when I saw Paige.

I dropped the earring and ran over to her on the bed. Her hair was messed up, there was dirt on her face, and she was sleeping.

"GUYS! I FOUND HER!" I yelled. They all ran into the room.

"PAIGE!" I shook her. She wouldn't wake up.

"Is she breathing?" Sammy said.

Jack J punched him in the shoulder. "Dude, don't say that."

"Paige?" I shook her. Slowly, she opened her eyes. I about cried, right there.

Paige's POV:

Grains of dirt fell past my eye, causing me to blink like crazy.

I flinched when I saw a group of people staring at me, but when I realized who it was, I sighed in relief. I quickly reached for a hug from Jack, and began to cry. I was safe.