Chapter 3

Language

__________________________

"Alright, I have Pavel in my sight." I made known as I breathed a breath of relief.

"Just tell me when to take the shot." I said to my coms as I awaited instruction. "Have you got confirmation that it's our target?" Command asked me back. I narrowed my eyes into the looking glass of my gun, "Positive it's our target!" I said back to them.

"Alright, take the shot." Command confirmed back to me. I was happily about to put a bullet into the skull of this motherfucker. When I heard, "DO NOT TAKE THAT SHOT!!!", someone from command said to me. "DO NOT TAKE IT!!"

Confusion was up on me, "Why the hell not, this fucker deserves it after all he's done." I was pissed, my finger still on the trigger. "Order from up top." they replied back. "Who the hell is trying to protect the fucker?" I asked slightly yelling.

"I am!" A voice said, a voice I never thought I'd hear, but now that I did all the muscles in my body relaxed. "Abort the mission." the voice told me again "Come back to the command center, but do not under any circumstances get caught."

"I don't need to remind you NOT to pull the trigger." the beautiful voice that used to make my knees go weak, heartbeat stronger told me once again. Damn I really missed that voice.

"I don't take my orders from you Kace!" I spit his name as if it was poison on my tongue.

"No you don't, but in this moment I have more authority then all of your superiors, don't I Ben?" he teased.

I felt betrayal, hurt, anger, but most of all disappointment that the man that I once loved would take away something that I have wanted have for almost fifteen years.

"I don't give a damn, I'm taking the shot and you can fire me or not Benjamin!" sticking to my plan I got ready to take my shot when the man that I thought was Pavel turned and looked up at the rooftop I was on with binoculars.

It wasn't Pavel.

Pavel is not here.

"Come back Adria we can talk about this..." Benjamin said to me with hurt present in his voice.

"I'm coming.... but as soon as I reach inside I'm going to take my hand gun and shove it down your throat Kace." I threatened him not sure if I was going to be capable of following through with that threat when I lay my eyes on him.

He chuckled. Damn that chuckle FUCK! "Can't wait!" he said obviously doubting my threat to him.

——————————————

When I entered back into command I was pissed. Anger was pumping inside of me. My heart was beating and with each pump of blood, I felt anger corse through me. I went into the tech room and saw Travis looking at me worriedly.

"WHERE THE HELL IS HE TRAVIS?!" I yelled and I surprised Travis and even myself.

"Adria listen-" I cut him off, "No! YOU listen, I gave you a chance to tell me what the hell was wrong before I left, but you decided to lie to me to my face."

"I TRUSTED YOU AND BENJAMIN!YOU KNEW HOW IMPORTANT TODAY WAS TO ME!!!"

"Love I think you're mad at the wrong person..." I reached for my hand gun as I aimed it at the person that had taken the most important day from me. Kace fucking Whitlock. The man off my dreams or should I say nightmares!

"Put the gun down Adria, we both know you don't got it in you to shoot me." he said with a smirk that I wanted so badly to wipe off his beautifully crafted face. UGH I can't still have feeling for him!!

Right???

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't?"

"Because my guards would gun you down." he said pointing behind me. I turned my head to see about ten guard's pointing their guns at me.

"Maybe I won't mind dying just as long as I shoot you and your cold body bleeds out as I watch with  the little time I would have left." I announced to him and his guards.

When I turned to look at back him I saw that he was now in front of me. Just inches away from my gun.

"Go ahead shoot me! Go ahead shoot me! Do it now! Do it!" he threatened.

"Take the damn shot Adria you're not gonna get another chance to take the shot. If you won't, then put your fucking gun down!" He commanded and I found myself lowering my gun.

"This isn't over I'm going to find Pavel and I am going to kill him." I informed everyone in the room. Especially Kace.

"The difference is that I won't be waiting for your go ahead, when I see him I'm going to shoot him and then I'll suffer the consequences later!" I looked Kace in his green eyes that had been on me the entire time.

"We need the room, everyone out now!" Kace demanded with our eyes still locked.

After everyone left the room I took a step back from Kace. He turned and took steps back also. His close proximity had done something to me my heart was beating at an alarming rate.

Ok these feelings need to be killed QUICKLY!!

"What are you doing here Kace?"

He stiffened at my question. But he turned to look at me.

"How have you been?" he asked  casually as if we were old friends catching up.

"You're kidding right what the hell are you doing here?!" I was angry at the fact he thought I would just start pouring my feelings out.  He didn't answer, instead he walked out.

OH no you are not!!

__________________________

Ok LONGEST CHAPTER!!!  Things are about to get steamy😏🥴 are you ready.

Please comment and vote it means a lot to me ❤️❤️🥺

See you in the next love you lots