The First Kill

"Oh shit my morning cup of tea...," you murmur as you look down at your now shattered cup of tea.

The invaders looked surprised at this reaction, even confused.

"God damnit," you growl under your breath as another invader, the third and last one, comes in and forces Mays in at gunpoint.

Mays squeaks and rushes over, hands up.

You lean over and whisper, "Get behind the counter." She gives you a hesitant look. "Do you trust me?"

She nods and ducks behind the counter. When you had moved in the bottom cabinets didn't go all the way against the wall, acting as an efficient place for hiding - but for one person only.

"Hey! Get out from behind there!" the first one yells.

You take a step in front of the counter she's behind. As you scan them you know immediately you're as crazy as you look.

The three men are broad shouldered and look like they have tons of muscle on muscle. They were hooded too, but you can see their stumbles on their chins and their meaty hands that gripped their guns.

"You're about to get your ass shot and you're worried about your tea?" the tallest one spits.

"Well err dur." you roll your eyes, putting your hands on your hips and sticking a hip out. "That's my daily dose of caffeine, and trust me, any girl without their morning coffee or tea is going to be hella grumpy."

You know this will probably end up with you dead, but you had to keep them talking.

"You got some balls women," the shortest one snarled.

You shrug. "Well sorry, it runs in my genes, and plus I'm not one to get on my knees and beg for my life like you bitches probably want," you say with a smile.

The guy with a creepy scar running through his lip growled, "That's actually what you should be doing, beauty!"

You wrinkle up your nose at this. Where the hell was Loki?

"Nah, I think I'll just stand," you say. "Now what exactly do you bastards want so much that you have to break in and enter? You know that's illegal right, because if you didn't then if I didn't know better I'd think you were still a five year old in kindergarten. Does mommy dearest know how bad you're being?"

They glare from under their hoods at you, but you ignore these glares.

Even with three guns on you; one trained on your head, one on your heart, and one on your stomach you continue.

"So, tell me boys, what exactly is so damn important to you that you have to ruin my morning cup of tea!?"

They glance at each other and the shortest says, "We want your money."

You raise an eyebrow and then you burst out laughing. "Okay, okay, oh your funny...." You straighten from when you had been bent over laughing, wiping imaginary tears away.

"Well I hate to disappoint you jackasses, but my money is in something called a bank, but of course if you don't know what breaking an entering is then you wouldn't know what a bank is," you say, edging back a little.

Mays is peeking around the counter at you and looking as if you just whacked your head on the counter and had to go to a Mental Hospital.

You wink at her over your shoulder before looking back at the guys.

"Now, I would love to be in something other than my morning bunny slippers and a robe," you say as you gesture down your body. "So, if you don't mind I'd appreciate it if you left."