So..., You Aren't Crazy

You called the ambulance immediately after making sure she was okay, and soon they were carrying her away in a stretcher.

Loki stood beside you and you refused to even look at him. You still had no idea why no one could see him, but most of all you were just angry with him. He did almost kill your best friend.

Your jolted from your thoughts as an officer walked up.

He was in a black vest with a gun at his belt and a note pad in his hand.

"Can you explain why you attacked Mays Lil Port?" he asked threateningly.

"Me?" You say, shocked. "I didn't attack her! She's my best friend!"

He blinks. "Really? Well, those who didn't see the incident, but saw you before fighting with Mays suspect you, and being that -"

"You think I would attack her because we had an argument?" You say angrily.

"If there's motive, then yes," he replies coolly. 

"There wasn't motive! It was a simple argument!"

"What about your friend?" he asked, he nodded to over your shoulder.

"I don't - " You stop as you look over your shoulder.

It's Loki, but his godly aurora is gone, and it seems no one can recognize him - magic. He was using magic.

"(Y/N) and I were not responsible for that young ladies assault -" that was obviously a lie "-(Y/N) and I were going to leave when we saw her unconscious. That's why we called you. Do you think we would've called an ambulance if we were guilty?"

You blink, looking back at the officer silently.

"Well, that makes sense," The Officer says as if in a trance.

Loki smiles as he says, "Yes, it does, and it does make sense for you to dance like a monkey right now."

"It does -"

You watch in disbelief as the officer starts jumping around like a monkey making monkey noises.

You shook with laughter, a hand over your mouth to stifle your laughs.

Loki smiles mischievously. "Shall we go Lady (Y/N)?"

"Why yes Prince Laufeyson," You reply, playing along with a smile. You walk out the door side by side, smirking, and you think, Is Loki really what Marvel makes him out to be?

* * *

A week later...

"Loki! Where the hell are my car keys? I need to go to see how Mays is doing at the hospital!" You yell when you don't find your car keys in your purse.

A week has passed and you've allowed Loki to stay at your house. He doesn't seem as evil as the movies tell, but from his face after watching Thor you know that's exactly what he did.

He stays in the Guest Room and Melissa has ultimately abandoned you for him - sleeping with him every night. 

You finally got a call yesterday that you could go see Mays and you were planning to go today, but Loki was against it.

You swing open the door to the Guest Room - where he's staying - where he's sitting on the white bed in the middle of the room.

Sure enough, the car keys are in his hand and Melissa is by his side.

You hold out your hand and say, "Loki, give me my car keys."

"I don't understand why you're going to go see someone who hurt you," he says, sitting up, his emerald green eyes glittering with amusement.

"I'm going to go see my best friend because she got hurt - no thanks to you - We've been over this!"

"Fine, but I'm coming with you," he tosses you the car keys and you catch them. 

His normal leather armor shimmers as it turns into a black suit and tie. He tries to pass you, but you block him.

"Absolutely not," you say, looking up at him, "You already have a chance of charges against you and me. The only way we're getting out of those charges - and not going to jail - is if we convince Mays not to press charges. She obviously hasn't yet or we'd be locked up, so maybe she's thinking."

He leans against the door way and says, "Fine."

You sigh and smile, "Thank you." You walk down the hall and open the front door. "I'll be back soon!" you call and then shut the door behind you, walking down to your car.

You're pulling the seat belt over your shoulder when Loki's voice says, "Black Leather, nice, but maybe instead of red wheels we could get green."

You turn your head quickly to see him in the Passenger seat with a smirk.

"What the - I told you you can't come with! And, there is no we," you say, your fingers drumming on the wheel as you look at him with a slight glare.

"It's not like you can stop me, and plus it may help Mays to see that she didn't just imagine me," Loki says, crossing his legs and moving his chair back so he leans back with his hands crossed behind his head.

You have no idea if he's going to summon his army tomorrow or the next day, but for the time being he seems fine, and he doesn't seem to be a danger at the moment.

You glare at him for a second then slowly say, "Fine...."

* * *

You enter Mays's hospital room with Loki walking in behind you. Mays looks up from her hospital bed and she freezes when she sees Loki. She has red prints around her neck - Loki's hand prints - that look like they're fading as the days go by.

You give her an unsure smile and sit in a chair besides her while Loki pulls up his own.

It was the same mystery today. No one saw Loki walking into the hospital in till he seemed to become more human when his godly aurora disappeared. No one even recognized him either like in the coffee shop.

After a long while Mays finally says, "So..., you weren't crazy."

"No. I wasn't, and I'm not," you say slowly.

"How -"

You cut her off, saying, "I don't know."

"Can everyone see him - am I crazy?" Mays asks.

You can tell she's changed by the tone in her voice - from the soft shyness and unease.

"If you are...," You hesitate then say, glancing at Loki, "Then we're both crazy. And, no. You could only see him for who he really was because I told you about him."

"That's weird," Mays says.

"Yes," You say uneasily, "A true mystery...."

"For us to solve," Mays replies. You look at her and she smiles. "Well, you weren't going to solve this case without your bestie were you?"

"No, not at all," You smile back.

Mays smirks. "Well, Operation The Invisible Loki here we come."