New Year Special Chap 5

Preview:

"It's not something big, really. I just want you to go along with them. Like a supervisor."

"Are you trying to throw me into the war zone??" You slumped.

"I'm more concerned that they'll be on their own while like that." Curses... she's got a good point.

"Fine, I'll do it. Only because they might kill each other if I don't."

"Works for me!" She exclaimed in victory, "Do your best out there!"

You lifted your hand up to give her a nonchalant wave before catching up to the other two. You're so going to regret this...

______________________________________________

You are regretting this indeed.

Why if it wasn't bad enough that you were made to go along with two ticking time bombs which could blow their fuse at any given time, you were walking in between said bombs and was also indirectly tasked with making sure that they're defused by the time you get back. Splendid.

Well if you're going to be defusing these bombs, you're gonna need a plan. What's the plan? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You haven't got a single clue what should you do, at all.

To be fair, could you be blamed? You, a socially awkward person, tasked with making two equally hard headed and prideful people who have got a bone to pick with each other get along. Yea, not easy. How in the world did you let yourself get into this situation...

"So, uh..." You tried to make conversation, cutting the tense atmosphere emanating from the two strikers, "Anyone going to tell me what're we getting? 'Cause I have no clue."

"Osechi and hot pot ingredients," Haizaki-kun answered flatly, not even sparing a glance.

"Oh, I see..." Back with the awkward silence. Well that went smoothly, didn't it? Haizaki-kun helped so much (note the sarcasm). "So... what's gonna be going in the hot pot?"

"Whatever's on the list," Atsuya shrugged. Silence, again. Well today you learned that these two absolutely have no idea how to read the room. Doesn't that make your job much easier...

And that's pretty much how the walk went. You didn't attempt to make more conversation and you lot just kept walking and walking until eventually, you reached the super market. The walk itself was... Well, awkward was putting it lightly honestly.

"Well then, I guess we'll be splitting up for the ingredient, yea?" Attempt number 3. Third times a charm, right?

"I'm taking the lower half of the list," Atsuya immediately grabbed a basket and headed to the isles. "I'll call if I'm finished."

"Huh, wait a sec-- and, he's gone," you sighed. You simply stood there and stared dumbly as Atsuya disappeared into the sea of people. You shook your head and looked at your other companion grabbing a basket and heading to another isle. 

"Hey, wait!" You ran and caught up to Haizaki-kun, "I'm coming with you. I forgot my phone and I don't have the list. Sooo..."

"Here," he caught your signal and handed you his phone which was displaying the list. You give the list a quick scan and looked where you were heading.

"Vegetables first?"

"Since they take up most of our part of the list," he shrugged and looked over your shoulder to read the list. "First up, spinach."

You looked over to the leafy green section, and by Gods. How on earth was your mother able to differentiate which vegetable from which just by a look. You can't even name what they are without looking at their labels.