Part XV

There was no way Andrew could answer Emile's question. There wasn't really a correct answer, it seemed. On one hand, he would get to be with Emile, but Emile would still be cheating on Crocus.

"Are you okay?" Emile asked.

"Yes," said Andrew. "Yes to both questions."

Emile emitted a high pitched squeaking noise after getting Andrew's affirmative response. He put the ring on his finger. The sun was just nearing the horizon, as they both shared a kiss. The walk back to the castle was long and bumpy. Emile kept hitting his leg off of a number of tree stumps. On one stump he hit, there was something etched on the surface.

SOS

Whomever etched the letters on the stump was in need of help. Emile tried to run back into Kugnoz to look for anyone who might have etched 'SOS' on the tree stump. Andrew stopped him quickly before he went out of reach. He pulled on Emile's arm so he ended up really close to him.

"What gives, man?" asked Emile.

"I wrote that on the stump," said Andrew. "I was starving and in need of food. Fun fact; I actually hit my head off that stump. I was on the ground trying to run from - guess what - a fire. That's why I was super out of it and it took a while to regain stability. You and Brie were the first things I remember after coming to my senses."

"So, this was your cry for help?"

Andrew nodded. Emile pulled him in for a really tight hug. He held his hand all the way back to the castle, as he pondered about his wedding tomorrow. Emile started to get cold feet, since he had already proposed to Andrew. He didn't want to stand Crocus up at their own wedding. He felt like the best thing to do was to go and object later.

Coming back onto the castle grounds, Andrew quickly put the ring in his pocket as Lola walked by. She told Emile that it would be a good idea to go to bed early. He agreed with her and went upstairs. In his room, Andrew could freely wear the ring from Emile. "You never told me, where's the wedding?" he asked.

"It's in the Sequoia Woods," said Emile. "I noticed a bunch of flowers on display when I was looking out from your treehouse. It's about a three minute walk away from there. You know, I don't have a best man yet..."

"Wait, but I'm your fiancé now," Andrew whispered. "I mean, I'd be honoured to be your best man, Emile."

"Now, in Vegreris, it is commonly frowned upon for either the bride or groom to object to the marriage. But I can't count the number of weddings I've gone to where the best man objected. You follow me?"

Andrew replied with an affirmative response. Emile wanted him to object instead. They snickered deviously. Emile's engagement to Andrew was the third engagement he ever had in his life, but the first where he was engaged to two people at the same time. There was a knock on the door. It was Brie, with nothing but a measuring tape.

"What brings you here?" Emile asked.

"I got hired as a castle tailor," said Brie. "I figured you'd be inviting Andrew to your wedding."

"You'd be right," said Andrew. "He made me his best man."

"Well, then let me get your measurements and I should have this ready by tomorrow. Andrew, I know you're dysphoric, and I would be grateful if you kept this for a while. Uh, have you tried binding?"

Emile gasped, and ran into his closet. Before getting his surgery, he had collected binders like there was no tomorrow.

"I don't think so," Andrew replied. "Emile, have you ever tried binding?"

"Yes," said Emile. "I wore binders until I got my top surgery. They're supposed to make your chest look more flat. From the looks of it, your chest is roughly about the same mine was when I wore these. Hopefully these fit. You do need to be careful with these though. You can't wear them all day. And do not wear them to bed. It's like a bra."