Essential

The melodic sounds of J-POP blasting through your ears, pulled you into a moment of complete bliss creating a soundtrack to this exciting moment in time drowning out the outside world around you

The melodic sounds of J-POP blasting through your ears, pulled you into a moment of complete bliss creating a soundtrack to this exciting moment in time drowning out the outside world around you. You arrived into Tokyo on the bullet train but, unable to get off of the train just yet, you exhaled, trying to ease your nerves the best way you knew how. You turned your head slightly to look out of the window watching the passerby as the train neared the station. Zoning out to the music playing in your ears, you closed your eyes and thought about your family back home.

You smiled to yourself, being a country girl from Miyagi you never thought that in your 17 years of living you'd be living in the city.

After the death of your grandmother around your 16th  birthday, you were given the gift of a social awakening. You were able to see the supernatural world along with the living.

Ever since you had a life altering epiphany, the world around you didn't seem the same. You started seeing energies and cursed objects within people and the world around you. Initially it terrified you, but you knew if you had told anyone what you were seeing, people would probably call you crazy and throw you into an insane asylum. So, during the first year of your new found abilities you kept your secret to yourself.

The months following your awakening, your anxiety got so bad to the point where you had to take sleeping pills to help you fall asleep at night. Your mother even started noticing the drastic change in your behavior. You were becoming increasingly distant from your usual lively and childlike self, and she started to worry.  Eventually, you learned how to deal with the energies around you and mask it temporarily.

Overtime, you learned how to deal with the living and the supernatural realm that you had been granted to see. With these new found abilities, you needed to learn how to use it to its fullest advantage.  Unable to keep the secret from your mother much longer, you caved in and told your mother about your special abilities and visually showed her using the power of telekinesis, a power you picked up while self isolating yourself from the rest of the world. You explained to her how you were able to channel cursed energy through every day objects but your surprise your mother didn't call you crazy, instead she sympathized with you and confessed to  you about the real reason why your grandmother died and informed you about your family's bloodline of jujutsu sorcerers.

After learning the history of your family's long line of jujutsu sorcerers, your mom wrote down the name of a preparatory school where their family trained in order to stabilize their powers before returning to every day society.

"It would help you, and you wouldn't feel so alone." Your moms words echoed through your mind. "You're young, with a full life ahead of you...you need to live life to the fullest.  Seeing you here around this house sulking isn't good for you. At this school, you'll be with people who understand you. You'll form close relationships with people that will eventually be like family. I want you, to do great things...and I know you can find that greatness within yourself."