The Way You Make Me Feel

"So, bad boy hu?" You tease turning to Fushiguro who's standing just a few feet across from you, biting onto his flavorful assortment of Mochi. Friday had finally arrived after what felt like a long grueling week and you two were finally on your date at the Fairgrounds of a rural town neighboring Tokyo.

"You're not going to let me live that down hu?" Fushiguro sighs, handing the small bowl of frozen treats back to you.

Fushiguro eyes you in your vibrant eye catching light red yukata, with floral patterns lining the sides. Your hair was pinned back into a bun with floral clips pinning your hair together in an intricate bun, one that Kugisaki had helped with a couple of hours prior. The geta on your feet tended to be a little uncomfortable but thanks to your formal training, and the way being with Megumi made you feel like you were floating on actual clouds, you could honestly care less.

You take the small 4 oz bowl of mochi from him with two strawberry flavored assortments left inside, and you frown at the fact that there were only two left.

Fushiguro gives you a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his head. He ate most of the sweets in the bowl.

"I told you to get your own." You reminded him.

"I know I underestimated how good they were." He slightly laughs at you rolling your eyes.

"But No, you know I'm not going to let you off that easy I mean you're always so stand offish and quiet and you're so kind to me. I just can't picture you as being a bully." You respond, picking up one of the last two remaining desert treats, biting into it, slightly moaning at how good it tasted.

Fushiguro brushes the sleeve on his dark blue kimono, turning to look at you with a small smile, walking along the lit path of the fairgrounds, weaving in between the festival goers.

Running excited children nearly bumped into you almost causing you to loose your footing in your geta. Megumi placing his hand on the small of your back to get you out of their way while steadying you. Their tired parents followed shortly after apologizing on their behalf, you returned a reassuring smile while Fushiguro on the other hand looked annoyed but said nothing.

"You okay?" He asks, facing you.

You nod in response.

The fairgrounds were crowded with scores of people, groups of young adults and their cliques of friends , tourists, couples, and older people sitting on the park benches playing dominos with their friends. The lantern lit streets were lined with streamers hung high across the walkway decorating the sun setting sky above in a sea of Orange and red hues, signifying the start of the fall season. Venders selling food and home made trinkets somehow made their way in, packing the busy streets with their carts as small lines formed in front of them.

Fushiguro held you close to him, so you wouldn't get lost in the crowd, but he loved the way your eyes lit up as you found something exciting, or was lured away by the performance of a street performer, or a vender you wanted to try food from.

The sun had just set over the small village that was located not too far from Tokyo, and as you wrapped up your bowl of mochi, Fushiguro opened his mouth to speak, finishing your conversation from earlier.

"I wasn't always this nice guy that you see now." Fushiguro admits, choosing his words carefully.

You turn to him, allowing him to speak as the two of you stepped off to the side away from the crowd.