chapter 1 - hi

Dear diary,
i want someone to love me

The long ride home was somewhat peaceful and comforting in the old rugged bus. The sun shined streaks of luminous light through the window as it glimmered onto the seats. I plugged my headphones into my ears and started playing Alleyways by THE NBHD. I was so excited because tonight, I was going to see them live. Chairs squeaked one by one as everybody got out. "Next stop Carroll Avenue!" yelled the bus driver. Shit, I almost missed my stop.

The smell of fresh air overpowered me and gently pressed against my skin. Palm trees briskly rustled past me as a gust of wind powered through the shabby leaves. I thanked Cali for this.

I started walking towards Jamba Juice and grabbed a quick smoothie, I mean I couldn't resist. It was such a nice day today, and there needed to be a celebration. I sipped away as I walked to my one bedroom apartment. The concert was supposed to start at 7:00 pm tonight but I had about 3 hours left. I plopped myself on the bed and faced the ceiling.
At that moment Harley (my dog) came rushing in and sat on my lap. Okay, he was getting way too big.
"I guess it's just you and me Harley." I started cuddling him. His fur smelled like laundry detergent which I thought was interesting.
"Did you go in the clean pile of clothes that were sprawled across the living room?!" I laughed as he gave me a slight nod. "Oh Harley."
I decided to go on a walk with him before the concert. The sun was setting and the pink and red multicolored horizon glimmered making it seem as if everything was coming to an end around me.

It was 6:20 - crap. I basically ran home at that point. I can't be late to this concert, especially when I paid. You'd think I was Dash from the Incredibles, because I mean I'm pretty fast. I decided to just wear my black skinny jeans from urban, black shoes, and a plain dark navy green t-shirt that was slightly tucked inside my pants. Nothing really special, simple is best. Honestly, I really didn't know what to wear lol.