The Big Bad Wolf

Wordcount: 8111

Pt. 3 | The Big Bad Wolf

His dark, espresso-colored eyes lazily fell over the captive female, eyeing the silent, somber woman as she sat across him.

She was still bound and helpless, her face set blank as she slept, yet again escaping reality through her slumbering moments.

'She's out again,' He thought to himself, emitting a low blow of air that flew up to the flat under-piece of his hat. By then he'd quickly caught on to her ingenious, little plan, taking it in with growing exasperation,

" Nearnin' three days and not a bite," he told himself before standing, rolling his shoulders with a low, little groan escaping him before he strode over to her.

He knew that if she kept up with her act, she'd starve before they made their way to their destination, something that would definitely reduce his pay, bringing the number down to zero if she so happened to perish while under his watch.

'That has to be your plan...right?' He mused while he stepped towards her slumped form, quickly reaching over to where she was, soon looming over her just as a shaken breath left her.

It was as though a cold gust of wind had violently struck her, but he knew her reaction had nothing to do with the weather.

It was still sunny out, the last bit of heat the day could provide slowly dying out, but not enough to bring anyone to such violent shivers.

'Sunny... Well as sunny as it can get in this godforsaken place,' He told himself, looking up to see the blinding brightness of Outworld's star spread its last bit of light out to the realm before it retired.

'Pretty soon we'll see sundown,' He thought to himself, '...And I can't help but wonder...Just what are you're thinking of little miss...' He wondered while bringing his eyes back down to his sleeping captive, his gaze instinctively drawn to her.

He'd formally wasted what felt like short minutes gazing at her, when in reality they were hours of silent entrancement.

It had occurred the earlier too, soon after her messy outburst, following his discovery of her lovely orbs.

Even after he'd been cautious, moreso unwilling to fall under any little spell she would have set for him, he still found himself entranced by her.

However, he reasoned that technically, it was part of his assignment.

So silently, he sat back and watched, interested in just what lay deep within the crevices of her mind, haunting her.

'Just what does she see?'

He briefly wondered just what had her so shaken and helpless, however, the interest was easily overrun by the annoyance he felt at the small act of rebellion, because all it did was make his job harder.

- All it did was threaten his pay, and that was what it was all about.

The pay.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"- Not a scratch on her," The masked man said with an icy undertone present in his already curt way of speaking. "Do you hear me?" He pressed on.

With rolling eyes, Black agreed, not needing to be told twice about the done deal, because by then, it'd become almost insulting.

"- Got it." He replied back nonetheless, his tone calmed as he wiled out all of his annoyance from the short response.