Chapter 6: The Sacred Blade Festival

~So sorry that this chapter took so long you guys. I've been having a lot of assignments as well as small case of writer's block. I hope you can forgive me. If you find any errors, please tell me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We have some things to discuss don't we?" I comment, sitting across them. They look at me and nod in unison as they began to settle into their seats. I had a plethora of questions to ask them.

Why are they here? Where did they come from? What are they? Obviously, the aqueduct was no place to explore even during a tour of the capital, and Mikleo didn't seem exactly human either. I vividly look back at my observations and start off with my first question.

"Why are you here? Looking back, I found it quite odd for you guys to be within the aqueduct, even if you were on a tour. Usually, the only time when people are present is during cleaning sessions." I eyed them, confused.

Thankfully, they came clean.

"We heard of a legend of a Sacred Blade that resides here." He displays a serious look on his face. "As well as the Lady of the Lake."

Lady of the Lake? Who is that?

Seeing my clear confusion, Sorey continues his explanation.

"I've only have heard of her from the books, so I don't know if she's real or not, but that's why we are here to confirm it."

"Shepherd?"

"A human that is contracted with a seraph, who purifies malevolence and can purifying hellions along with it. I want to save the world by getting rid of the malevolence in this world, for a better future." He tenses, fist clenched as he states his goal.

Astonished by his fierce determination, I nod in awe.

"So moving on, Sorey you're human right?" He nods and gives a sound of approval, and guides his hand, pointing at Mikleo.

"Yep and Mikleo here is a Seraph, and most people are not able to see him. However, since you are able to see him, you most likely have a high resonance, which would also mean that you could see others aside from Mikleo."

"There's more seraphs other than Mikleo?"

"Mhm, they're everywhere around this continent and this world, even at our home." Sorey elaborates. My mouth gapes slightly as I begin to zone out, eyes beginning to waver. I jolt myself awake from time to time as he continues.

"By the way, I don't think we've gotten your name yet." He mentions, making me jolt once more, giving him a pursed-lipped smile, staring right at him.

"O-oh! My name is (Y/N)." I stutter as my features relax, giving him a sluggish smile. He beams a smile right back, filling me with serotonin.

"Haha! Nice to meet you (Y/N)! You seem quite tired, so we will start heading to bed as well."

They get up from their seats, preparing to push them and leave. Before they could leave me, I call out,

"Wait what about dinner?" Lifting my head from my hand, I shift my head to face the kitchen. They look in the same direction and shake their heads.

"We're okay, there's no point in staying up if you're not here," Sorey spoke, giving me the same smile from a while ago. I give him a slight smile as I rest my face back into my hand.

"Very well, goodnight." Nodding off once again. As they reached the first door to the corridor of rooms, he turns back around.

"One more thing (Y/N). You should come to the festival with us tomorrow and come and watch me pull out the sword." With raised eyebrows, I look at him with speculation, wondering how exactly does he know if he's really going to pull the sword out. He just gives me a thumbs up and waits for my answer.