Chapter 4: Have I Found You, Or Have You Found Me?

//THE CHAPTER NAME IS CONFUSING BUT ITS PROBABLY JUST ME CAUSE IT'S 2:32 AM//

~(Y/N)'s POV~

    It was only for a moment I closed my eyes, immediately coming back to my senses and once again trying to fight my way out. It was like I was drowning, my movements being slowed as the slime continued to engulf me along with my partner. I watched my partner peacefully sleep as his body floated within the substance. He looked peaceful as he slept, lips occasionally twitching upwards as if everything were okay. I too then stopped struggling, letting the slime suspend me within itself as it started moving again, searching for its next victim.           

The slime didn't seem to have any type of acid or decomposition factors that would digest us in any way, so therefore we were just suspended in here. As the slime continued to wander the halls of the aqueduct, I spotted a dog-like creature in the distance. The creature ahead seemed like it had spotted us too, growling and taking a threatening stance. I internally shook in fear, scared for me and my partner's life. The slime paid no mind to it, continuing to its merry way and not being worried about being killed.

    The wolf noticeably gets increasingly agitated, growling louder by each centimeter the slime gets closer. I tried to scream for help, but my cries were muffled. The wolf lunges towards the slime, managing to bite a piece of its form off, only missing my face by mere inches. My eyes widen and my heart rate increases and adrenaline begins to pump through my veins. My body moves on its own, using this opportunity to reach my hand out and get myself out of this gooey mess along with my partner. I pull out my leg and plant it onto the floor and use all my strength to get my partner out.

    Grunting, I pulled him out and dragged him away. He had quite a large build compared to my body, and therefore was hard to carry. However, while the wolf was distracted by the slime, I used all of my strength to drag my partner away from the scene. The wolf, however, quickly finished its gelatin meal and made a beeline for us two, speeding at us at a remarkable pace. My nails dig into my partner's torso as I grip onto him tighter, and hastily make my way towards the exit.

    I'm gasping for air, and my mind is filled with countless theories on how to escape the closeness of death. It was all up to me whether we live or die. It's my strength that I'll have to use to save myself and another.

It's all on me.

The pressure was real, carrying this heavy body and trying to run from something that will most likely occur in me and my partner's death.

I was at the final stretch before reaching the exit, almost there. We were going to survive this.

Until I heard the creature's growl directly behind me.

It was right behind me.

I swiftly turned my head to the back of me and met face-to-face with it, seeing its large, piercing enraged eyes and the drool slipping down its mouth through the open spaces of its jagged canines. It quickly opens its mouth and hovers over my face intending to devour me headfirst. I close my eyes waiting for the screams and cries of agony to come out of my mouth and body, fully ready to embrace death.

"Rigid Sever!" I heard a voice shout.

I opened my eyes to try to look where the unknown voice came from, but at that moment all I had just seen an ice-based attack occur and hit the wolf square in the face. The creature collapsed a few feet away from me and my partner. I grasped my partner's clothes in contained excitement, still staring at the creature to make sure it wouldn't move again. My heavy breathing calmed down, and the adrenaline from the experience fell, I closed my eyes and felt my shoulders become less tense.

I'm alive, my partner is alive. Thank goodness.

    After a few minutes, I opened my eyes again and moved to get up, shifting my partner into a more comfortable position on the floor (if there is any other way). I first looked behind myself to search for my saviors but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Is she alright?"

"I don't know, she seems fine, come on let's go check on her. Hurry."

"Why are you telling me that,  you're the human here, you go."

"But I need  moral support"

"She can't even see me anyway, what's the point?"

"Come on!"

"Fine."

    I hear bickering in the previous direction I was facing and I, once again, turn around. I was met with two boys and scanned their features.

One had brown hair and green eyes and was pleading with the one beside him to accompany him on whatever he was wanting to do. The other, who seemed reluctant to do so, raked his fingers through his silver hair lightly and gave a dejected look with his purple eyes, finally giving in to his pleas.

Wait, silver hair?

Purple eyes?

I...I've found you.

No...maybe you found me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, hey, hey! Guess who had the motivation to write? Yep, I think I'm back at least for now. I've been so on edge due to all the homework I've been getting from my shitty AP classes.  This chapter is a little shorter, but hey, we got some Mikleo. Are you happy? Just a little bit? Ok lmao. Yeah, but I felt like the way I ended it was pretty good, even though it's only  871 words, which I apologize for. In the last chapter I did get a little lazy on the ending and it was VERY RUSHED. Not my proudest moment, but I tried to make it up with another update within a week. Thank you so much for reading, and if you have anything to say, say it!  I'm ready for anything! Also, thank you for the vote last chapter! Much love 😊😊

Love,

              Milla Hanyu