Chapter Two

Waking up the next day I changed my bandages on my arms, brushed my teeth and got dressed. I grabbed two apples to eat on the way to school. Lexi told me yesterday she wouldn't be able to pick me up today.

Isn't that just lovely?

So I was forced to drive to school with my mother. And she bombarded me with questions about what I've eaten or not eaten who I'm hanging out with and a bunch of other junk.

Arriving at school I spotted Billie conversing with her friends. She turned her head in my direction making me put my head down.

I quickly walked to my locker as she followed. My god, why did her locker have to be close to mine?

"Hey um Eleanor-"

"Elle."

"Right sorry, um my friends are having a party this weekend and I was just wondering if you wanted to come." She handed me an invitation as I scanned over it briefly before handing it back to her.

"I don't do parties. Thanks though." I said hoping she would leave.

"Everyone loves parties." She laughed.

"Yeah well, I'm not everyone. Parties are where people go to get drunk, high or raped and I don't want any of those so thank you for the offer, but the answer is no." I slammed my locker shut as I headed off to the bathroom before class.

Billie
Well that went well. I sighed as I watched her walk off in the direction of..the bathrooms? Weird. I brushed it off and headed to class, hoping she was okay and would be there soon.

God was I already falling for this girl? I shook of the thought and waited for her back in class so we could discuss our project.

Though when it was 15 minutes into class and she had yet to show up a got a little concerned. I asked to go to the bathroom and quietly walked in. Hearing what sounded like someone puking and coughing.

A few minutes later the door opened and out stepped Elle, when she noticed me she flinched, not realizing I was standing there.

"Oh my god, how long have you been in here?" She asked. She almost sounded scared. Really scared actually.

"Long enough. Hey you okay? Are you sick or something?"

"N-No I'm fine. Just...had a um..a bad-a bad breakfast." She stuttered out, avoiding eye contact with me.

I looked down to find what looked like bandages around her wrists, I couldn't see but it looked like they ran up her arms.

"You sure you're okay?" I took a small step closer as she backed away in fright.

"Why do you care? It's not like we're friends."

I sighed and nodded my head sadly.
"Right cause you're not the girl who has friends right? Sorry I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well don't. I don't need your help, just leave me alone." She quickly got her stuff and left without saying another word to me.

Well if she didn't hate me before she definitely does now. I just didn't understand why she was so closed off from everyone it's not like I was gonna hurt her or anything. I really just wanted to talk to her.

I walked back to class, sitting down beside her without saying a word. I knew why she had those bandages on her wrists. I had those bandages before, it only made me want to get to know her even more.

I'm guessing she noticed me staring because she dropped her arm down to her lap out my view and I turned my attention back to the teacher.

Elle
"So for this project you will have to a build a model of the cell cycle and you will have until next month to complete it. Before anyone asks no you can't change partners. Whoever is sitting next to you is your partner. Good luck everyone."