The Search

Third Person POV:

—Time Skip-One Month Since Last Chapter—

Percy was shivering in the cold, freezing mountains of Alaska when he saw a pure white dove fly through the sky. "Finally!" he screamed in triumph. Percy walked over to where he saw the bird when he heard a roar from behind him.

He turned around to see Polybotes, the bane of Poseidon. "DIE, SON OF POSEIDON!!! YOU ONLY BEAT ME BECAUSE OF THAT ROMAN STATUE TERMITES!!!!" Polybotes shouted in anger.

"I gotta agree with you on that one." Percy said. He pulled Riptide out and charged towards the giant. He hacked at Polybotes' toe.

"CURSE YOU MORTAL!!!!"

Percy ran away, the giant close behind. "I could use some help right now!" Percy shouted upwards, hoping some god or goddess would hear him. A flying figure appeared from the sky. Percy recognized those shoes anywhere. It was Hermes!

Hermes swooped down and had Martha bite Polybotes. "Time to finish him off!" Hermes encouraged Percy.

Percy jumped up while the giant was dazed and stabbed him through the leg. Polybotes collapsed onto the rock.

"I gotta go, but first I gotta ask you. Why are you in Alaska anyways?" Hermes asked.

"Poseidon didn't tell you? Well, Aphrodite sent me on a quest to retrieve her sacred dove."

"So that's why she's been looking sick for the past month!" Hermes replied.

"Sick?"

"Yeah. When a god loses their symbol of power they are kind of weak. Their godly essence is inside their symbol itself." Hermes said.

"Okay. Anyways I got to catch up to this dove!" Percy shouted before running into the direction the dove went. After an hour of searching he saw a glimpse of it. The bird flew through the trees before coming out again. It circled the mountain, almost as if it was lost. Well, it is. The sacred dove swooped down into a cave. Percy followed.

The white bird flew through tunnel, to tunnel, to tunnel, to- you get the point. Finally it stopped on top of a rock. It turned around and noticed Percy. "I'm here to bring you back to Aphrodite." he assured.

The bird looked interested and came to Percy's shoulder. "Good. Good job. Now just stay on my shoulder." Percy said. He retraced his steps and left the cave. He walked back to where he first saw the dove and sat down on his tent. "I need to eat dinner. You can join me if you want." Percy got a insta-hot dog and put it in a portable microwave (If these exist tell me in the comments) Aphrodite had given him.

After his meal, he dimmed the lights and got in his sleeping bag. "I'm gonna hit the sack. You can sit on my bag if you want to." Percy offered. The bird waddled to him and flew on top of him.

"I just have to make it back home now. It's the final stretch." Percy thought before wandering into the realm of Hypnos.

Word Count: 501