xiii

Sneaking On Starkiller

Everyone was in the cockpit of the Falcon. They left the base a few minutes ago, heading to Starkiller base.

"How are we getting in?" asks Finn.

"Their shields have a fractional refresh rate," replies Han, "Keeps anything traveling slower than lightspeed from getting through."

Finn's jaw drops, are they crazy? But Brook answers before him, "We're gonna make our landing approach at lightspeed?!"

Chewie roars something to them, although only Han and Brook understand. It was something along the lines of "hell yeah we are."

"Alright, Chewie, get ready." says Han. They wait a few seconds, "And Now!"

The two pilots hit a few switches and the Falcon exits hyperspace and is almost touching the surface of the base. It was snowy and rocky ground, along with a forest up ahead.

Chewie groans.

"I am pulling up!" Han shouts back.

The Falcon has no time, it plows through the trees. It then rises. Alarms blare as the ship slams through branches. Han continues to steer but Chewie growls again.

"If I get any higher they'll see us!"

He lets the ship go under the canopy of tree's again, knocking down a lot and creating a lot of chaos. They burst out of the forest and continue down a clearing, it crashes on the ground and slides threw the snow to a cliff where a giant rock stops it in place.

"Well, it could've been worst." Brook sighs then gets up.

Han looks at her as Chewie growls.

"I'd be amazed if they still don't know were here." She continues.

"Their too busy to be checking for any motion on the actual surface."

As they made their way to an entrance, they see Walkers on the horizon so they take cover behind a base structure.

"The flooding tunnels are over that ridge," informs Finn nodding his head in it's direction, "We'll get in that way."

"What was your job when you were based here?" asks Han.

"Sanitation.." he mumbles.

Both Han and Brook whisper yell, "Sanitation?!"

Han continues, "Then how do you know how to disable the shields?"

"I don't. I'm just here to get Rey."

Brook scoffs, "My Squadron is counting on us! The Resistance is counting on us! The galaxy is-"

"Brook, Solo, we'll figure it out!" he pauses, "We'll use the Force!"

"That's not how the Force works!" They both yell.

Chewie growls. Han turns to him, "Oh really, you're cold?"