viii

An Old Friend

An Old Friend

"Help me with this! Quick!"

"Whoa! What's going on?" Finn asks as Rey lowers in a small area that was covered by a grate in the floor.

"It's the motivator! Grab me a Harris wrench," she points out, "check in there!"

As Finn checks a storage box, Rey disappears down below overwhelmed by the sudden issue.

"How bad is it?!" Brook asks.

"If we wanna live, not good!" She replies.

"They're hunting for us now, we gotta get outta this system!" Finn hands her the wrench.

"BB-8 said the location of the Resistance Base is 'need to know'," Rey says, "if I'm taking you there, I need to know!"

"This?" he asks throwing her a tool, she catches it. Finn scoots over to BB-8 and Brook who happened to be sitting next to each other. "You gotta tell us where the base is." BB beeps back a response but Finn doesn't understand, "I don't speak that. Alright, between us three- i'm not with the Resistance okay?" BB-8 beeps and backs up, didn't Brook say they could trust him?

"NO, REALLY?" Brook whispers back, maybe too sarcastically. Who am I kidding? There's no such thing as too sarcastic.

Finn ignored her and explains to the droid, "I'm just trying to get away from the First Order, but you tell us where your base is and i'll get you there first, deal?" BB-8 tilts his head to the side. "Droid please," Finn begs.

Rey pops up out of the space again, "Pilex driver, hurry!" Finn moves to look for the tool. "So where's your base?"

"Go on BB-8, tell her." he looks at the droid, who looks back and forth from Rey to him, he whispers, "please."

Brook rolls her eyes, we don't have time for this. "It's in the Ileenium system."

"The Ileenium system?" Rey asks to clarify. Finn hands her the tool and she gets back to work. BB-8 beeps in confirmation.

"Yeah, the Ileenium system, that's the one. Get us there as fast as you can." He gives Brook and BB-8 a thumbs up.  BB-8 shows a mini torch that makes it look like a thumbs up, Brook just rolls her eyes once more and looks away.

"I'll drop you two at Ponemah Terminal. I need the bonding tape, hurry!"

Finn searches for the tape as Brook asks a question, "What about you?"

"I gotta get back to Jakku!" she replies.

"Back to jak--?!" Finn cuts her off ",why does everyone always wanna go back to Jakku?!"

Finn is still trying to find the tool but he keeps grabbing the wrong one and Rey yells at him, "no, that one!" She points and he lifts another one, "No. No. The one I'm pointing to! No. NO. NO! If we don't patch it up, the propulsion tank will overflow and flood the ship with poisonous gas!"