one

it was dark. not that I'm scared of the dark but I'm scared of what's going to emerge from them. monsters? creatures? devils? anything at all?

...

I hate to admit it but I'm scared. I'm all alone without my family. they– we, as in my family and I, we're slaughtered along with the village we stayed in.. now thinking about I don't remember what our Town was called, the memories are getting hazy up there...

I can't remember. wait..

what happened to me?

"alright jun it's time for you–"

"to go pick up some souls! I know haha." the older laughed aloud, facing the younger.

"unimpressed." voiced out junhui's fellow grim reaper, jeon wonwoo.

"ok but act just a little impressed that I'm actually going to do my job now?" he said fluttering his eyelashes to the raven head boy who pushed his head away.

"you should be doing your work without having anyone constantly reminding you. so I stand by my statement. unimpressed." wonwoo grumbled under his breath before turning to his working desk, grabbing papers and putting them in a file.

"oh please, as if you don't–"

"as if I don't what? I'm not you, I do my work without having the boss getting on my ass." fired back wonwoo before junhui even got the chance to say anything. the grim reaper zipped his mouth from saying anything.

"hey guys! are you on break? because I can totally go for some–"

"no." replied wonwoo and left the room with his bag and bumping seungkwan's shoulder on the way out.

seungkwan scoffed, having a face of disbelief on his face. "who the hell does he think he is? cutting me, boo seungkwan, off just like that? despicable." huffed seungkwan and stormed off to another work room to talk with debt soul collectors, just his kind.

...𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗...
..'𝚍𝚎𝚋𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜'..

!𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍!

𝚍𝚎𝚋𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜: 𝚍𝚎𝚋𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎.
𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚋𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢
𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘. 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢, 𝚙𝚊𝚢𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎, 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚎𝚌𝚝.

junhui was now alone in the work room he shared with wonwoo and a new grim reaper. the newbie however, was not partaking in any working activities until next week when there is actually a place to be filled. the boss will probably just put a random angel or demon into work and convert them into a grim reaper.

yes, the boss can do that.

the boy let out a sigh before hearing the door being knocked on. "hey junhui! did wonwoo clock in today?" kim mingyu, one of the most handsome grim reapers working in the headquarters. the boss was easily swayed by mingyu's looks and hired him on the spot, despite mingyu showing many clumsy and rookie mistakes, the boss thinks mingyu can manage with the right assistance.

junhui gave a nod. "yeah he did. you missed him though, he left a few minutes ago." he said as mingyu frowned.

"dammit I told him to wait for me– uh well thanks junhui see ya!" he bid goodbye with a small hand wave and left junhui to himself.

junhui was now alone again.

or so he thought.

"hey yo junhui! I just met this really cute guy–"

"let me guess, he works for the other section in headquarters and he's new so you decided to mess with him but turns out he has such a dom side and sooner or later you'll fall for him?"

"... well that was oddly specific. but yes!" yoon jeonghan, a grim reaper with the looks of an angel so everyone says. he has the nickname, fallen angel. do you want to know why?

it's because– "oh wow. as if he'll last with you, he will probably end up like the other ones who ended the relationship with you because of how playfully and bratty you are." –yoon jeonghan is a bratty and spoiled brat. even before he turned out to be a grim reaper, his parents and everyone around him would spoil him because he either was just so cute and handsome to resist, or he'd get what he want whenever he want it, with no complaints. he was just that smart and bratty.

the angel appearing man laughed humorously. "maybe! but I want to give that man with luscious lips a chance, god just thinking about those lips and fit body ou!" jeonghan clapped excitedly as he then sighed dreamily about the newbie in the other section of headquarters, choi seungcheol.

junhui grimaced at the olders behavior. he was such a brat and a playboy, always messing with people's feelings and giving them high hopes for nothing. junhui sighed and swung his bag over his shoulder while patting the other's back, "yeah. good luck with that, also be an angel and lock the door on your way out, thanks~" hummed junhui as he then was the one leaving someone in the room for once.

"I don't even have the key?!" jeonghan yelled from the room as junhui was already taking a turn down the hallway. "call seungkwan or wonwoo then!" he said before leaving without looking back.