{2} Lets get out of here

𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘴: 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴.

Later that night, I decided to call James. I couldn't really fall asleep and I had a feeling he'd be awake.

𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘮?  𝘖𝘩 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘵.

I quickly dial his number scanning what he wrote on the wrinkled piece of paper.

𝘖𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱.

"Hey James!" 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘐.

"Hi (y/n) what's up?" he says in a sleepy tone. "Nothing much. I just can't seem to fall asleep."

"I see. You know what always helps me-"

"James? Are you there?" I heard muffling noises in the background but couldn't quite hear it out.

"What did I tell you about talking to people on your phone!" *loud bang*.

𝘖𝘩. 𝘮𝘺. 𝘨𝘰𝘥.  𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘥 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦.

I spent the rest of the night wondering what might have went down in that house. It scares me thinking James might not have been safe.

"Alyssa!" I say running up to Alyssa trying to catch my breath. "Woah there, (y/n) what's up with you today?"

"James' dad smashed his phone when I was on a call with him..." Alyssa turns right to me. "Are you serious? Well, shit."

All I wanted to do was see James.

After school Alyssa and I walked around trying to find James. We did.

He was sitting in the same spot wearing the same light grey hoodie from yesterday. His hood was over his head with his headphones on and it looked like he didn't want to be seen.

"Should we go up to-" I ran as fast as I could up to him. "Well never mind then", Alyssa muffled.

"James?" I pull down his hood to uncover a scratch above his eye.

"James what the hell happened?" He looks up. "I- nothing just... My dad took my phone and got a little angry that's all." He looked like he was seriously about to cry.

I give him a hug.

I could see Alyssa in the corner of my eye giving me a thumbs up.

"Do you um maybe want to get out of here?" "Yea", James says cracking a tiny smile. "Alyssa you coming with?" She slowly shakes her head. "Nah, sorry I gotta go to this stupid family thing. But you two have fun."

I was about to get on my bike when James said, "Hey actually I have a spot." "Okay well after you," I say opening my arms out.

He hopped onto the bike and I went on after grabbing onto his waist. "Ready?" "Yep!"

He was biking for a few minutes and ended up stopping at a grassy field with a picnic set up. There was a long polka dot blanket with a picnic basket on top.

"Wow! Did you do all this for me?"

"Yea. I figured that we could go on a little date." James blushed cracking a smile.

"Its lovely James." I gushed.

We both hop off the bike and sit down on the blanket. "I heard what happened last night." James looks up. "Are you alright?"

He looks me in the eyes and looks down again. "I'm fine, it's just.. I really hate my dad."

I give him a hug and whisper in his ear, "then let's get the fuck out of here."

"What? You mean run away?" I nod. "We can't possibly- we don't even have a car."

"Does your dad have a car?" He shakes his head. "Well... My dad has a van. But he's worked really hard on turning it into a little home. We used to go on trips when I was a kid in that van..." James trails off.

"Well anyways, I mean.. I kind of want to." He concluded.

"Well shit we can't go without Alyssa. I can't just leave her."

James gets up quickly, "Well then let's bring her with."

"Okay. I'll bike to her house and get her to come with, and you go to your house and get the van."

I pull up to Alyssa's driveway and notice a light in her room. I think back to when we were kids and I would climb to her window to talk to her at night. Oh, how times have changed.

I climb up to her window and pound my fist on it slightly. I watch as she slowly pulls down her curtains and lifts her window. "(Y/n)?? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Listen. Me and James are running away and we want you to come with." 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘦𝘴...

"What do you mean you're running away? (y/n) are you serious?" I pull down the window a little more, "Yes. James is coming with his dad's van right now."

Alyssa looks back into her room and back at me. "Fine. Im not gonna leave you." I smile and help her out of the window.