Chapter Three

Finally, Friday had arrived, the week seemed to drag as if it was your last. Collecting your potions books as well as your lucky quill, you took one last look in the mirror looking down at your outfit to make sure nothing was out of place. You took a lot of pride in your appearance during classes, that wasn't going to change on the last day of the week. Fixing your (h/c) hair you walked out of your dorm to your first tutoring lesson with Snape, slightly nervous at the thought of being alone in the room with the professor. Over the past week, you had found yourself seemingly obsessed with his use of words and his tone of voice, more so than it simply calming you down. Sometimes you would hear his voice in your dreams, you had found comfort you didn't have in anything else in life; even though you didn't know why at all.

After making your way to the classroom you knocked gently on the door, awaiting a response from Snape as you shifted your weight from one foot to the other in anticipation. Hearing a muffled "come in" you opened the dark wooden door, taking a couple of steps in before spotting the potions master. Flashing him a soft smile you walked towards him, "Hello professor" you greeted looking deeply into his pitch-black eyes. "Good evening Miss (L/N)" he answered back looking back into your (E/C) eyes, "Today we will be brewing wolfsbane potion, I assume you already know the ingredients to this potion. If you have failed to study this potion then you can find the list in an advanced potion book I can provide." hanging onto every word you listened to his voice as if it was a melody.

As soon as you had received the instructions from the professor you scurried to gather the ingredients, you had gained a strong intrigue in animagi and lycanthropy during your fourth year. Your old friends had been slightly dumb at one point, having turned themselves into animagi after finding out that it was a possibility. All you hope was that they wouldn't be caught for being unlisted. Grasping the last thing you needed you walked to your cauldron, carefully placing all the items on the desk. Brewing wolfsbane potion had crossed your mind once before, you had memorised the recipe as its effects had interested you.

During the lesson you struggled to keep complete focus, Snape sometimes would come over to your cauldron to see how you were doing or if you needed any pointers. Never once did he speak a word, sometimes he would hum out of what you assumed to be approval of your skill level. As you waited for the potion to settle you glanced up at him shyly, "So... professor" you muttered softly in an attempt to start a conversation. He glanced up at you raising an eyebrow "Yes?" he murmured in a questioning tone, "I was wondering why you wanted to tutor me, we both know I have been predicted all O's" this topic had seemingly gained his attention, "I wonder if you wanted to be a potions teacher one day, or a healer" he simply replied taking you by surprise.

Yes, potions was your favourite subject. However what you were going to be after you graduated had never really crossed your mind since second year, back then you had decided that being an Auror would be good enough. Losing yourself deep in thought you tended to your potion, 'what do I want to be after all of this' you hummed a tune softly out of habit. For the rest of the lesson the question stuck in your mind, at the end you walked up to Snape. "I believe I have succeeded sir" you smiled watching him stand from his seat, he had been grading papers for most of the lesson. You watched as he fixed his robe, following behind him as he made his way to your desk.