Chapter Thirty Nine

Arriving on time at the village, you smiled, your mood had been changed by your devious plan. 'Okay, I just need to make sure we end up in the same place as him at some point' you revised your mental plan, making small chat with Draco at the same time. He seemed to be entirely oblivious to your lack of interest in the conversation, then again, he was just boasting about his family. You preferred it when he was emotional, it gave him far more character than just being a spoiled brat.

He had brought up the fact that he needed to visit a few shops during the trip, Scrivenshaft's, Dervish and Banges, and finally the post office to send a letter to his beloved father. You were quite surprised that he wasn't using Ulysses, his huge eagle owl to send it. 'Maybe he's just trying to get out of something he doesn't want to do' you dismissed, starting to follow him on his little trek around Hogsmeade for his things. Once you'd made it to the post office, you decided to stand outside to wait for him instead of going in. You couldn't bear another minute of his narcissism.

Your heart picked up as you caught a glimpse of your dark-eyed lover, who was walking into the three broomsticks. Glancing back at the shop behind you, you immediately bolted away to the pub, speed walking as fast as you could you pushed open the door. Stepping in, you felt the warmth of the place fill you with joy. Most likely being a charm of some kind to attempt to keep the spirits merry. Glazing your eyes over the people in the room, you were happy to see the black-haired man sitting in the corner reading his favourite potions book.

Ambling over to the wizard, you plopped yourself in the seat in front of him. "Hello" you greeted with a smile, causing him to jump slightly, looking past his book with a stern look before melting at the sight of you. "Hello (L/N), what do you need?" he asked, curious as to why you had found yourself in the pub, unable to figure out the reason. Grinning, you raised an eyebrow at him, "I'm glad you asked, pulling out your notebook from potions. Immediately perking up, the man looked over with intrigue, he may have wanted to be the Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher, but potions owned his heart.

For the rest of the trip, you stayed there, learning about the subject you had found yourself 'struggling' with recently. You knew you weren't struggling at all, but hearing him passionately talk about the subject made you unbelievably happy. As the trip came to an end, you left the pub with the black-haired teacher, content with the time you'd spent with him. Before you left, you were quickly able to nip into Honeydukes, stocking up on candy for the final months of your fifth year.