They say that misery loves company

"Pleased to meet you!" Komaru smiled.
She did look like Makoto, but the pale green eyes looked better in that gentle, pretty face than his. What was she thinking? She looked stupid just like egg boy! 

Toko noticed she was staring. "A-ah, hi, Omaru."

"Komaru!"
"Sure."
The girl tilted her head. Makoto looked from one to the other a bit puzzled.
"Well?"
"W-what?"
Komaru giggled. Toko blushed. Stupid. "What is your name?"
"D-don't know why you wanna know s-so much, since you'll forget it, b-but i'm Toko, Toko Fukawa." She averted her gaze, frowning.

The other beamed in return, which kind of startled the writer. "You're the ultimate writer, right? That's so cool! I've recently got into writing!"
"T-thank you?"

"Makoto has such cool friends!" She smiled at her brother, who mirrored it.
"Well," the boy spoke this time, "we have to get going right now, but i'll see you back in class, right?"
Toko groaned, "maybe."
The siblings turned, and Komaru waved her goodbye, that she responded less enthusiastically, but a weird little spark remained in her heart.

--

The small event replayed in her head as Toko walked back home, she probably wouldn't see Makoto's sister anymore, but, it was always kind of nice to be recognized like that, her talents seemed to have been weirdly appreciated those days. She didn't want to admit it, but she liked the attention, too bad it was over, but it did make her less bummed, a little.
But, of course, she never fell for it. Luckily she never fell for it. 

"What are you so smiley about?"  The girl didn't notice she was smiling, but it vanished.

"I-i'm not." Her mother scoffed. There was only one of them, they generally didn't stay in the same rooms, or left the house, partially sharing the responsibility of raising their daughter, while her father was gone for most of the time. Weirdly, she looked like both of women, this one, Saeki, had her same purple hair, and the other, Kaya, had her silvery lilac eyes.

"Look at you, getting happy at the slightest hint of attention, it's so pitiful."
"Y-you don't know what happened." Toko tried to be fast as she  got something to eat and made tea, she didn't usually eat much.
"Oh, so you're saying you got a gift? Or a date? Or at the very least made an actual friend?" The girl remained silent. "Of course not, nobody would like a horrible girl like you, only we were capable to tolerate you."
Her daughter trembled, but still managed to take her tea cup and a toast on her way to her room, not answering her, both because she learned better than to talk back to her  mothers, and because she knew it was true.
Toko entered her bedroom and put her food on the table, not wanting to eat anymore. She closed the door behind her and fell to the floor, crying as quietly as she could, so she would not be heard.
She hated this, she didn't ask to be born, it was their fault she was like that, it was their fault she hated herself, it-
The girl jumped when her phone buzzed. She shook her head and slapped her face 'you pathetic crybaby.'
Toko reached for her phone, and opened the notification:
"ShoujoToast: hey!! is eveything ok? you stopped messaging"
The ultimate sighed, now she made the poor girl worry.
"TiredWriter0: yeah, i'm sorry" she tought a bit on how much to reveal, "i just had some problems in my house."
"ShoujoToast: oh, did you fight with your parents?
TiredWriter0: yeah, kind of
ShoujoToast: im very sorry about that :cc if you want to talk about it i'm here!"
She didn't, but this was probably the first time someone told her that. Toko dismissed it, and the other still made herself available if she needed.
In fact, Toko was scared of trusting this person, she never seemed to do anything bad, but still she still didn't feel good about it, she knew the moment she decided to open up, this person would betray her, like always.
The ultimate sighed, plopping onto her bed and curling up under the covers, her mother's words replaying in her head. She would never have friends, or, much less, be loved, it was what she deserved, the thought haunted her.