Chapter 3: The Job Reward

Jak's POV

   'What took them so long?' I asked myself. I am so worried about them, you know they have a bad history. It is the middle of lecture but I excused myself to look for them. I walked down the hallway and came accross with Shyra. She is carrying all the apparatuses, and one thing I've notice is that Luis.is not here. 'Where is that guy anyway?' I just shove of the thought and went to help Shyra. "Shyra hey Shyra. Are you there? Knock knock. E

arth to Shyra please." That went her back to reality. "Oh hi there Jak. What are you doing here? You're right on time, can you help me carry these it is kinda heavy?" *paawa effect* I just help her so we could go back to the room. While we are walking, my curiousity filled me. "So Shyra what happened earlier, you look worried?" I asked. She didn't answer me, that got me worried. "Its okay if you will not answer it, I am just worried." She just smiled to me and said "Thanks Jak you really understand me." We finally arruved at the room. She just apologized to our teacher and explained what had happened. We were just dismissed and thank God its our last subject. Shyra immediately went home cuz she isn't feeling well.

'What did just happened a while ago, Shyra? I hope you will tell me.'

Shyra's POV

I went home immediately because I've got some thinking to do. I think I have to accept his offer, it's also  my way of saying thanks to him. I think there's nothing bad about, I guess. I was interrupted by the knock on my door. It's Mom. "Good evening, anak. How's your day?" she asked. I replied "It's fine Mom, it's great" I hope so. I think Mom didn't believe me. "I know that look. I know somethings wrong. You can always tell for I am your mother." Mom really knows and she have to know. I told her everything. From the top to bottom. Walang labis, walang kulang. Yun na yun. She gave an advice saying that there's nothing wrong about it. it's just a job. I will always remember what Mom said. And with that I fell asleep already.

The Next day

This is it. I finally entered my school., but lucky for me there is still no sign of him. Yes! maybe he forgot already. I hope so. I happily walked to my classroom but before going there I first go to my locker to get some things. When I closed my locker door, there is already someone beside me. It;s HIM!. "I'll be giviing your first task later soo just wait for it.  AND don't you dare run away. We have an agreement." he said. I was surprised and shocked. Wow! What a bossy person. My happy bubble just burst, I slowly walked to class. I was greeted by Jak and I greeteed him back with a sad smile. He noticed it so he went to me and said, "What happened Shyra? Is something wrong? Tell me." that's why I am thankful to have him as my bestfriend. She always care s for me. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you yesterday about what happened but today babawi ako sayo. Libre kita ngayon. Ano ang gusto mo? Wag yung madami ha, ang takaw mo kaya." With that we laughed at what I said. "Fine, maybe I'll go with ice cream. I miss ice cream already." I nodded to him. That's when our teacher came in. We went back to our original places and the discussions will now begin.

=====LUNCH=====

I and Jak went together to the cafeteria to buy some food. And after that, like what I've said earlier I treated him an ice cream. I told him about yesterday and he got all ears to me. After that he couldn't believe what happened to me yesterday. After our chit chat, the bell already rang. And I told Jak to go ahead because I have some things to get in my locker. When I am done gettingmy things, that's the time I noticed a piece of paper in my locker.

Shyra,

Don't forget our agreement. You'll be starting your first assigment in the given address below. Go there and start your job. 

                                                              LJS

He's always reminding. Haler I still remeber that. DUH! I just went back to the room cuz classes are about to begin. Time flies really fast. It's already dismissal time. I just say goodbye to Jak for I have a job to do. I went to the addresshe gave me and WOW! Just WOW! It's so huge and so tall. What a nice mansion. The guards let me in because their master already told them about me. I was immediately briefed on what to do. And with I started cleanining already. From bottom to the top, i already cleaned it . i even include their attic. but to my surprise there's someone by the window. i walked closer still holding my cleaning materials. when that someone turned around, i freaked out and screamed. suddenly a hand covered my mouth. 

"ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't scream. for goodnesses sake." he removed his hand when he felt that I've calmed down. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "What do you think I'm doing?" I said. "Disturbing other people?" he said with a sarcastic tone. "Whatever, Luis. I'm done cleaning. Can I go home already? It's already late." I said while looking at my watch. "Good. For your reward, I'll treat you for dinner" After saying those words he suddenly grabbed my hands and we dashed down to his car. "Fasten your seatbelt." 'What was that?  Is he being good or what.'