Chapter 5: Errands

Shyra's POV
" Shyra what is going on? I know you are hiding something." Jak asked. How could I tell this to him. I hope he will not be angry. " Okay Jak let me explain. But please promise me you will not be angry." He first sighed and "Okay I will try not to." I gather enough courage to tell him the truth. I told him everything and after that he was silent for a while. " WHAT???!!!! He did that to you. Oh that guy. I want to punch him on the face. Where is he?" Oh no he is now angry. " I thought you promise not to be angry." I am about to cry, of all things that I do not like is to make Jak angry. " Shyra I said I'll try not to but.. ugh. Never mind." And I didn't realize that tears are already falling on my eyes. " Shyra please don' t cry. Please I don't want you to be sad. I'm sorry that I got angry. Sorry." He then wiped my tears using his fingers. " No Jak you don't have to apologize. I am the one who need to apologize. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you immediately." I am still sobbing when I tell him that. " It's okay. So what's the next task?" He said changing the topic. I managed to smile thats why he became my best friend because he understands me. " He wants me to buy all the things on this list." I said while giving him the list. His eyes widened when he saw the list. " Is he serious? He wants you to buy ALL of this. This is one long list Shyra. Because of this I volunteer to help you." He said while raising his hand like a kid. I laughed at his gesture.

RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGG

Oh shiz. It's already time for the next subject. Time flies so fast. "Oh no Shyra we're gonna be late for Biology. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and we ran to our classroom. Right on time. We're still not late. "Thanks Jak. We are just on time. And by the way, we are going to the mall this afternoon if you are free tonight."I asked him as we sat down on our seats. " Sure." He replied. "Good morning class." And the period now starts.

Jak's POV
This is the only way that we could bond together. Our subjects fastly passed by and it is already dismissal. I waited for Shyra by the door. "Hey Jak. Let's go so that we could finish early." She grabbed my hand and dragged to the jeepney stop.

After a few minutes, we finally arrived at the mall. We went straight to the National Bookstore to buy the things needed. We spent hours there in the bookstore just to buy all the things. We went to the cashier to purchase the things we brought. " The total of that will be P 2,674.50 Miss." She then open her bag to get the money but she couldn't find it. " Is there a problem Shyra?" I asked her and she faced me. " I couldn't find the money Luis gave. I could still rememeber that I put it inside my bag. Oh no. What to do?" Her faced is so worried. " Here use my money instead. Here Miss." The cashier accepted my money and packed our things. There are three bags so I carried the two while Shyra carried one bag. " Jak thanks." She suddenly spoke. " Thanks for what?" I am truly confused. "A while ago in the bookstore. I promise I will pay you." Well that was a surprise. "You're welcome Shyra but you don't have to." I said. " No no. I will really pay you when my salary comes. For now I will treat you for dinner. And you are not allowed to say no." Well what can I do.