[2.13]

One of the pack members tackled Cyrus to the ground as he ran with the ball. They tumbled to the ground, rolling around in the grass. Cyrus groaned painfully. Not a second later the body was ripped off of him, and a growl was heard.

"Be careful!" Lance hissed, standing protectively in front of him.

"S-Sorry, sir!" the pack member apologizes feverishly.

Cyrus stands to his feet, wiping his jeans off, "I'm fine! It's just a game, I'm fine, really," Cyrus places a hand on Lance's shoulder, smiling reassuringly.

Lance's stern features soften as he turns, "Ah, sorry. I thought you were hurt... so I got a little protective."

"Are you forgetting we're werewolves?"

"Yeah, haha... are you sure you're okay?" Lance frets, checking Cyrus for wounds. He throughly checks his face, and his limbs. Cyrus's cheeks warm as the surrounding pack members watch them.

"Lance!" Cyrus swats away his hand. Lance frowns, looking like a puppy that just got scolded. Argh, my heart!

"Why don't you take my place? I could use a water break."

"Should I?" He glances over his shoulder, grinning darkly when he locks eyes with the one who tackled Cyrus to the ground. The pack member swallows the lump in his throat. Lance smiles when he turns back to Cyrus, "Alright. Make sure you watch me, okay?"

"Okay." Cyrus laughs, walking away.

He takes a seat on the steps leading up to the porch of the main house, grabbing the water bottle awaiting him and chugging it down swiftly. It's cold and refreshing. Cyrus sighs. Sweat rolls down his face as he looks up at the clear blue sky. The day was going smoothly. For a moment... Cyrus had no worries. For a moment, Cyrus forgot all about his time in the System. He watched the game in front of him, where everyone was running around and laughing; so carefree. He focused on Lance. He, too, looked carefree. He dawned a smile almost as bright as the sun as he raced with the football tucked underneath his arm. He dodged whoever tried to stop him with such grace, he easily passed the mark, earning a point for his team. His team surrounded him, cheering him on. He laughed - music to Cyrus's ears. The type of music that left you floating. Cyrus couldn't help but smile just from watching him. He really was... beautiful.

Cyrus was too entranced by his mate to notice Carolyn taking a seat beside him. She cleared her throat, and Cyrus's eyes shot to hers. They widened, "H-Hey?"

She looked back towards the camp, "Hello."

Cyrus sat awkwardly, pursing his lips. Why is she sitting next to me? What does she want? This is awkward. I guess I should say something... "How's your arm?"

"It's healed."

"I see." Okay, we're making small talk. But it's not exactly going anywhere. Should I leave? "Uh, I'm going to get more wat-"

"I'm sorry." She blurts out.

"What?"

"I said... I'm sorry. I know I've been unwelcoming. It's just," she struggles with her words, "Well, me and Lance, we used to-"

"I know. Rudy told me."

She blinks, and then her features twist into a glare, "That little... he can't mind his own business, can he? What did he tell you?"

Cyrus rubs the back of his neck, "That you used to be, you know, in love with Lance. And that he rejected you."

Carolyn looks down at the grass, the glare disappearing from her face and settling into a frown, "Yeah... that's the gist of it." She sighs, rubbing her temples, "Look, I was just on edge because of the whole Bloodmoon incident. I assumed the one who might of let them slip was you. I mean, you came out of nowhere, and you just happened to be Lance's mate. You're the closest one to him, you would know everything about him. He's an idiot, so he would probably tell you all of our plans. And then you ran off that night, and I only grew more suspicious. You're not a spy, right? If you are, I'll kill you." She looks dead into his eyes; dead serious about her threat.