PROLOGUE.

PROLOGUE

cyanide

/ˈsʌɪənʌɪd/

n. an extremely powerful
poison that can kill people.

+

cyanide.

by the rather larger proportion of the populace, the odor of this poison can't be detected. it is widely said that some people are unable to smell cyanide. other people can smell it at first, yet they become accustomed to the odor. this is the most dangerous aspect of the poison.

it makes itself at home with the host.

and while an individual may believe they're living, breathing, inhaling oxygen, the deadly poison gradually creeps in. after exposure, cyanide rapidly enters the bloodstream. large doses of cyanide prevent cells from utilizing oxygen and eventually, these cells die. the heart, respiratory system and central nervous system are most susceptible to cyanide poisoning.

our lead, park jimin's story, resembles a case of cyanide poisoning to a marvellous extent. except in his case, a human was his cyanide.

the poison makes itself at home with the host, and consequently goes undetected, thus gradually ebbing away the life from it's host. this was how it killed park jimin. slowly, but surely.

because as they say, people are poison. and just as our lead park jimin's favourite play by william shakespeare, julius caesar goes;

“through this the well-belovèd brutus stabbed.
and as he plucked his cursèd steel away,
mark how the blood of caesar followed it,
as rushing out of doors, to be resolved
if brutus so unkindly knocked, or no.
for brutus, as you know, was caesar’s angel.
judge, o you gods, how dearly caesar loved him!
this was the most unkindest cut of all.”

━━━━━━